Laptop Headphone Jack

Anything related to hardware (CPU/MoBo/Video/FSB/BIOS, etc.), hardware settings, overclocking, cooling, cool cases, case mods, hardware mods, post pics of your unique creations here.
Qui-Gon John
Advanced Member

Laptop Headphone Jack

Post by Qui-Gon John »

Hi, we have a Dell Latitude E6540 laptop, we bought in July 2019. I have never been able to get the headphone/ext speaker jack to work. It has Windows 10. I have gone into Control Panel - Sounds several times and everything looks good in there, yet the jack will not work. Often, when we watch something on the laptop, like a TV show, the internal speakers are not loud enough and I attempt to connect external speakers, but no sound will come out. I also tried earbuds in the jack (in case the speakers were bad), but same thing, no sound.

Can anyone help find a fix?
YeOldeStonecat
SG VIP

Post by YeOldeStonecat »

That was a great laptop back in the day, I did a few truckloads of those for healthcare clients....2012 or 2013 or so.
Later upgraded to solid state drives of course.

So with Dells business models, you use Dell Command Update to update the drivers and BIOS. See if that helps sort the sound drivers, and update the BIOS to be more compatible with Windows 10.
https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/en-u ... and-update
MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
Guinness for Strength!!!