My bad... I'm going to ask an Apple question

Anything related to hardware (CPU/MoBo/Video/FSB/BIOS, etc.), hardware settings, overclocking, cooling, cool cases, case mods, hardware mods, post pics of your unique creations here.
Easto
SG Elite

My bad... I'm going to ask an Apple question

Post by Easto »

I don't really keep track of Apple release dates and things like that so I'm reaching out here. This Christmas I plan on getting the wife a new iPad. The one she has is about 7 years old and it's about time. My question is... does Apple have anything out there on the horizon before Christmas? I would consider buying one now but if there's something new coming up soon I would be willing to wait for that.
Philip
SG VIP

Post by Philip »

I don't really have those fruity devices so I don't follow the release dates, but I think they just came out with new iPads this year, the 2021 models are already out as far as I know. There may be more sales towards Labor Day, Black Friday and Thanksgiving I suppose.
YARDofSTUF

Post by YARDofSTUF »

Some of the iPad range is on a newer chip than others, so I would look to see when the tablet you want was updated last. It can be confusing, apple also has their new M1 chips that are probably a lot more powerful getting added into the tablets.
Easto
SG Elite

Post by Easto »

Thanks for the help. Fortunately my wife does not use it for anything more than YT and web browsing so I don't need to get anything too powerful. I'm thinking of avoiding the "Pro" series and just getting an "Air" model with the smallest onboard storage as possible.