HP Laser Printer Won't Print

Anything related to hardware (CPU/MoBo/Video/FSB/BIOS, etc.), hardware settings, overclocking, cooling, cool cases, case mods, hardware mods, post pics of your unique creations here.
Lurch
Advanced Member

HP Laser Printer Won't Print

Post by Lurch »

Hi,

When I try to print receipts and packing slips with my HP P1006 Laser printer, it doesn't print. I got it at Goodwill for $3 with toner and everything and it worked great for months, now this. The last I knew it had about 600 pages of toner left and I doubt I've printed 100 pages since then. I've had to go into the queue and cancel documents in there. I can't seem to figure out why it does this.

So I got some new ink and I now run my Brother AIO and that works good and promptly. You people here recommended the Brother to me and it's been a real nice unit.

TIA for any advice.
Philip
SG VIP

Post by Philip »

You may want to reboot the computer, then look for any remnants in the print queue manually, check this:
https://www.speedguide.net/faq/how-to-d ... -queue-265

If you are not getting any errors I'd try to print a test page.
Lurch
Advanced Member

Post by Lurch »

I seem to have it working now. I downloaded the HP driver for the P1000 series printers, then set it as the default printer and let Windows manage my printers.
It's just a monochrome printer but for $3 it's very impressive and prints nicely.
YeOldeStonecat
SG VIP

Post by YeOldeStonecat »

Sometimes with older printers and newer operating systems, if you don't see a new driver out for the latest OS....you can get them working using HPs Universal Print Drivers.
MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
Guinness for Strength!!!
Lurch
Advanced Member

Post by Lurch »

Thank you. Happy 2020.