Can't Log In To MS

General software, Operating Systems, and Programming discussion.
Everything from software questions, OSes, simple HTML to scripting languages, Perl, PHP, Python, MySQL, VB, C++ etc.
Lurch
Advanced Member

Can't Log In To MS

Post by Lurch »

I once used OneDrive from MS and since I ran C Cleaner I can't log in to MS again, and they have quite a few of my images if I'm not mistaken. I don't have the password on file so I asked them to send me a code. They did send codes, but I can't move their sign in window to get the code from my email. I tried it in another window but their stupid sign in window stays right in the middle of the screen and you can't move it. And when I close it and try adding the code after opening the "verify account" button again, it doesn't work and requires a new code to be sent, which I can't see unless I close their window. What a royal PITA.
It seems like I'll never sign in to MS again. I guess those images are lost.
Easto
SG Elite

Post by Easto »

Lurch, I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to describe but I did go to OneDrive online and I would suggest opening the "sign in" in a separate window and then access the code in the other window. That way you'll have the first window free and clear of any distractions. Am I close to understanding the problem?
Lurch
Advanced Member

Post by Lurch »

Hi,

The sign in window stays on my screen no matter how many windows I open and it can't be moved or reduced.
I will keep trying and will try to access OneDrive some more.
Easto
SG Elite

Post by Easto »

Try dragging the tab for One Drive to the monitor's edge in order to pin it along the edge. Then open another window.
Lurch
Advanced Member

Post by Lurch »

Easto wrote:Try dragging the tab for One Drive to the monitor's edge in order to pin it along the edge. Then open another window.
I finally got it.
I went from Chrome to MS Edge to do it and it worked.
I don't know why some of my images wouldn't show up unless I was signed into OneDrive.
Thanks again.
Philip
SG VIP

Post by Philip »

Sometimes when you have OneDrive running it changes the location of your Documents/Pictures folders to OneDrive... This may be a problem if you have a lot of files and it tries syncing everything to the cloud.

I would look under C:\Users\[login name]\AppData\Local\
If the Pictures are under ..."OneDrive\Pictures" or just ..."Pictures". It is a bit of a pain to move all your folders to be local with OneDrive running and syncing.
Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits). I also eat whatever crayons are put in front of me.
๑۩۞۩๑