Google Chrome Running Poorly

General software, Operating Systems, and Programming discussion.
Everything from software questions, OSes, simple HTML to scripting languages, Perl, PHP, Python, MySQL, VB, C++ etc.
Lurch
Advanced Member

Google Chrome Running Poorly

Post by Lurch »

Last week Google Chrome was acting up and my Dell PC was almost unresponsive. I couldn't run Glary Utilities, C Cleaner, or anything to try to fix it, but when I opened MS Edge it seemed to run great, so I used Edge for several days, then I noticed when I went back to Chrome that it's now running good.

Do you have any idea what was going on?
Easto
SG Elite

Post by Easto »

I couldn't tell you for sure but maybe while you were running Chrome some utility was running in the background. I remember having an AV that would run a various times and all of a sudden I'd be wondering why everything was running so slow. Although that was a long time ago. Next time that happens open up your Task Manager and see if there is any unrecognized programs or services running in the background.
Lurch
Advanced Member

Post by Lurch »

Will do.

Chrome seems to run great now but I've been using MS Edge more often.
Philip
SG VIP

Post by Philip »

It's a question of preference, both are ok to use, and both should be running with approximately the same speed. Easto is right, check what extensions are running in the browser, and check your Task Manager for what's running.

I've also tried Firefox, Opera, and Brave browsers, and all of them seem fine in terms of speed, just slightly different UI and memory usage.
Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits). I also eat whatever crayons are put in front of me.
๑۩۞۩๑