Irfanview / Folder Issues

General software, Operating Systems, and Programming discussion.
Everything from software questions, OSes, simple HTML to scripting languages, Perl, PHP, Python, MySQL, VB, C++ etc.
Lurch
Advanced Member

Irfanview / Folder Issues

Post by Lurch »

Hi,

I have images on my desktop and I can see what some of them are, but some of them have a 64 on them in a red icon and I can't see what they are unless I click on that image.

The other issue is, in many of my folders that I transferred from my other PC, or were here for a long time on this PC, when I view an image and then use the right or left arrow on the KB, it doesn't move to the next image in order, I get a popup that says something like "image not found". File damaged or corrupt" Yet I can clink on any images and view them.

Do any of you happen to know what going on here?

I'm wondering if reinstalling Irfanview with the plugins might fix these issues.

TIA
Easto
SG Elite

Post by Easto »

When you right-click on a photo > properties > open with... are those pictures associated with the program you're expecting them to open with?
Lurch
Advanced Member

Post by Lurch »

Easto wrote:When you right-click on a photo > properties > open with... are those pictures associated with the program you're expecting them to open with?
Yes, they both show up as Infanview 64 bit when I did that, but some images show up and some only the red 64 icon shows up.
The attachment Capture Screen.JPG is no longer available
Attachments
Capture Screen.JPG
Easto
SG Elite

Post by Easto »

In the Control Panel > Default Programs. Set that as the Irfanview as your photo viewer.
Philip
SG VIP

Post by Philip »

That Irfanview has a wierd icon, lol.

Note the file extension on the images that only show with the roadkill icon, and not a preview of the image itself. They likely of a different type, and have a different file extension, something that cannot be previewed as an icon with that program by default.
Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits). I also eat whatever crayons are put in front of me.
๑۩۞۩๑
Lurch
Advanced Member

Post by Lurch »

Easto wrote:In the Control Panel > Default Programs. Set that as the Irfanview as your photo viewer.
Hey, that must have worked. I went to control panel and Irfanview was the default image viewer but I clicked on it anyway.
Then about half an hour later I noticed that all images show up on my desktop.
Thank you.
Easto
SG Elite

Post by Easto »

I'm glad it worked for you.