I think I need a new Router

General discussion related to Cable Modems, DSL, Wireless, Fiber, Mobile Networks, Wireless ISPs, Satellite, or any other type of high-speed Internet connection, general issues and questions here. Review and discuss ISPs as well (AT&T / SBC, BellSouth, Bright House, CableOne, Charter, Comcast, Covad, Cox, Cablevision / Optimum Online, TMobile, Verizon FIOS, Shaw, Telus, Starlink, etc.)
Easto
SG Elite

I think I need a new Router

Post by Easto »

I currently have a Asus RT-AC3200 which seems to do everything we require (currently having problems with it and I think I need to start looking for a new one). Requirements: Only hardwired to 1 PC with 2 phones and an iPad. Virtually no gaming either wired or wireless. Our cable connection is 300/10 and I don't see us upgrading anytime soon. We have no "Smart Home" IOT appliances except we do use the wireless for our TV. I don't really feel there's a need to future proof our setup, just need something current and reliable and I'd like to set the spending limit at around $200. Although I'm a bit of an Asus fanboy I'm open to all suggestions.
Easto
SG Elite

Re: I think I need a new Router

Post by Easto »

Just in case you weren't following my other thread... I purchased the TP-Link AXE95. So far,. so good.