YT videos just stop

General discussion related to Cable Modems, DSL, Wireless, Fiber, Mobile Networks, Wireless ISPs, Satellite, or any other type of high-speed Internet connection, general issues and questions here. Review and discuss ISPs as well (AT&T / SBC, BellSouth, Bright House, CableOne, Charter, Comcast, Covad, Cox, Cablevision / Optimum Online, TMobile, Verizon FIOS, Shaw, Telus, Starlink, etc.)
Easto
SG Elite

YT videos just stop

Post by Easto »

This all started about a month ago. At first I was going to attribute it to Win 11 but it's also happening on my other devices i.e. phone, TV, Mac or PC.

I'll be watching a YT video and just out of nowhere the video will freeze. If I click on the Play button it will resume. It may still freeze like that 2 or 3 times while I'm watching it, other times it may just play all the way through without a glitch. There is nothing on the screen that would indicate it is loading/buffering or something like that. It will just stop. We are definitely not overloading our internet connection and this will happen when I'm the only one on the connection. It's weird because this problem just seemed to pop up out of nowhere. There have been no upgrades or changes to my router. It's just annoying.
Philip
SG VIP

Post by Philip »

My thinking is this may be connectivity related, if there are no screen "overlays" apps that may be interpreted as clicking/tapping on your screen.
Mark

Post by Mark »

if ya right click on a youtube video there is a "stats for nerds" option, click that to see if ya notice anything
Easto
SG Elite

Post by Easto »

^^ will do ^^ thanks for the tip.
Smart38

Post by Smart38 »

A similar problem happened to me. does anyone know why?