TCP Optimizer run via cmd line

General discussion related to Cable Modems, DSL, Wireless, Fiber, Mobile Networks, Wireless ISPs, Satellite, or any other type of high-speed Internet connection, general issues and questions here. Review and discuss ISPs as well (AT&T / SBC, BellSouth, Bright House, CableOne, Charter, Comcast, Covad, Cox, Cablevision / Optimum Online, TMobile, Verizon FIOS, Shaw, Telus, Starlink, etc.)
EdwardKK

TCP Optimizer run via cmd line

Post by EdwardKK »

This has probably been answered, but my Google-fu is failing me.

is there a way to run the TCP Optimizer via a command line without user interaction. For example, if I wanted to run this as a script against a machine, what command lines could I use to tell the TCPO to optimize the nics? Is this possible?

I'm working on systems with dual nics that I'm teaming. I'd like to optimize them if I can automatically using my config scripts. Not sure if it's possible, but I thought I would give it a try. :cool:
Philip
SG VIP

Post by Philip »

While this is possible, it would require some work on your part.

First step is to choose "Optimal" or whatever custom settings you want in the Optimizer, and click "Apply changes" button.

Next, look at each line in the changes preview page
hen you know your optimal settings. You would have to duplicate each of those lines in your batch file/script. The ones that are PowerShell or netsh commands can be copied directly. The Registry changes would have to be modified.

The syntax for adding/replacing keys in the Registry is something like:

reg add "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\ServiceProvider" /v LocalPriority /t REG_DWORD /d 4 /f
You can see the syntax of the command here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/window ... ds/reg-add

You would want to add the values from the "New Value" column in that Optimizer page to the Registry.

I hope this helps
Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits). I also eat whatever crayons are put in front of me.
๑۩۞۩๑