Load Optimizer my security system

General discussion related to Cable Modems, DSL, Wireless, Fiber, Mobile Networks, Wireless ISPs, Satellite, or any other type of high-speed Internet connection, general issues and questions here. Review and discuss ISPs as well (AT&T / SBC, BellSouth, Bright House, CableOne, Charter, Comcast, Covad, Cox, Cablevision / Optimum Online, TMobile, Verizon FIOS, Shaw, Telus, Starlink, etc.)
sigourneyanderson

Load Optimizer my security system

Post by sigourneyanderson »

Hi,

I tried to load optimizer but my security system would not allow. Error pop-up says; "Windows cannot access the specified device path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the items. " ??? Not sure how to proceed.

Can you help me!!!
Philip
SG VIP

Post by Philip »

This is a standard MS Windows error that says your user account does not have permissions to the file or the file location. It is also possible that it is on some network location/corrupt.

I would try to re-download it, and make sure you get it from our website. Also make sure you are logged into Windows with an account that has admin privileges. You can always right-click on the exe, and check the file permissions, choose to run it as administrator, etc.

You could also try disabling any third-party security software that may be blocking the program, what "security system" ?
Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits). I also eat whatever crayons are put in front of me.
๑۩۞۩๑
NickSaggy

Post by NickSaggy »

I did clear cookies and reset permissions and it worked for my case.