AT&T Uverse Fiber Internet Speed - EXTREME SLOW

General discussion related to Cable Modems, DSL, Wireless, Fiber, Mobile Networks, Wireless ISPs, Satellite, or any other type of high-speed Internet connection, general issues and questions here. Review and discuss ISPs as well (AT&T / SBC, BellSouth, Bright House, CableOne, Charter, Comcast, Covad, Cox, Cablevision / Optimum Online, TMobile, Verizon FIOS, Shaw, Telus, Starlink, etc.)
Tad0422

AT&T Uverse Fiber Internet Speed - EXTREME SLOW

Post by Tad0422 »

We have moved into a new home and this is my first time using AT&T and Uverse for an ISP. I need someone to explain to me why our 45 Mbps is not good enough to stream SlingTV/Hulu/HBO GO and play a online video game (HOTS/SC2/Etc.) at the same time.

In the past I have had services such as Cox, Time Warner and Comcast without these issues. I have had MANY of AT&T's tech people at my home to look at the issue. When we stream any video service our internet goes down to 1 - 7 Mbps and everything just bogs down. So if my wife is watching Hulu I cannot play a game without huge amounts of lag.

The head tech person we had at the home today said that streaming services take all of our bandwith and leave bearly anything for other devices on the network. This sounds like a load of crap as I have had service with 10 - 30 Mbps down that gave better streaming and gaming than their 45 Mbps.

He then said I should upgrade to the higher speed. I said if it just is going to gobble up all of the bandwith then why would I want a higher speed? He also said that fiber was infer to cable when I confronted him about my previous ISPs experiances. That again sounds like crap. Fiber is supposed to be what these 1 Gig services are running off of so it should be leaps and bounds better than DSL or copper.

I am really at my wits end with AT&T. I will be filing a FCC and BBB complaint becuase I have nothing else to try. They force you to get their modem/router device, which I am on my 4th one at this point, so I can't said it my router causing the issues.

Can anyone support the claims AT&T is making?