DSL SNR and Attenuation Values

General discussion related to Cable Modems, DSL, Wireless, Fiber, Mobile Networks, Wireless ISPs, Satellite, or any other type of high-speed Internet connection, general issues and questions here. Review and discuss ISPs as well (AT&T / SBC, BellSouth, Bright House, CableOne, Charter, Comcast, Covad, Cox, Cablevision / Optimum Online, TMobile, Verizon FIOS, Shaw, Telus, Starlink, etc.)
sthorne1271

DSL SNR and Attenuation Values

Post by sthorne1271 »

I just want to confirm what I have been reading before I go back to my ISP again, but my SNR values to Attenuation values are really bad it appears. I have a VisonNet M405 modem that was provided a few months back. I have gone back and forth with the ISP for a couple years on poor connection, but it has gotten worse lately. I get frequent drops where the modem lights don't show an issue, but all the devices will drop offline for a few moments and streaming pauses frequently to buffer. I do live a little ways from the CO and know that is an issue, but nothing I can do about that short of moving the house and since I am the only one on my road they will put in a CO.

Thanks

Mode: ADSL2+
Type: Interleave
Line Coding: Trellis On
Link Power State: L0

Downstream Upstream
SNR Margin (dB): 3.9 9.0
Attenuation (dB): 56.0 29.7
Output Power (dBm): 18.5 4.1
Attainable Rate (Kbps): 5961 1163
Rate (Kbps): 3490 766