ATTN COX HSI: cox cisxo dpc3000 docsis 3.0 modem going offline periodically?

General discussion related to Cable Modems, DSL, Wireless, Fiber, Mobile Networks, Wireless ISPs, Satellite, or any other type of high-speed Internet connection, general issues and questions here. Review and discuss ISPs as well (AT&T / SBC, BellSouth, Bright House, CableOne, Charter, Comcast, Covad, Cox, Cablevision / Optimum Online, TMobile, Verizon FIOS, Shaw, Telus, Starlink, etc.)
matts6887

ATTN COX HSI: cox cisxo dpc3000 docsis 3.0 modem going offline periodically?

Post by matts6887 »

For the longest time I have had issues with Cox HSI here at home at this location. Now after working on it for several days in a row back in May; it seemed like the field team leader and his field techs had the problem finally resolved; NOT; I say not because even though they spent almost 2 weeks straight at that time trying to get the problem resolved I think it just went away for quite a long time and now is coming back periodically. This problem consists of the fact that I have had SEVERAL occasions of where at least one of the lights(did not catch which one it was) go from being solid which meant there was a solid connection to blinking for about 30 sec to 1 minute; and this keeps happening every so often at random intervals. I had a tech out last friday to check on not just this, but to see why I thought I was getting very slow speeds; but apparently was just attributed to the server(s) on that particular site: he checked the levels for signal and noise as well as line quality and found no real "issues" at then. however, this problem of the modem going offline for up to a minute at random intervals is making me crazy and it NEEDS TO STOP!!!;