Amazon is so....

Discuss anything not covered in another forum (life, the universe etc.)... Please keep it PG-13 and avoid spam.
Easto
SG Elite

Amazon is so....

Post by Easto »

I make a purchase about 6 weeks ago. Everything goes fine. Since I didn't leave the seller a rating I got a physical letter the other day saying they (seller) would send me a $25 gift cert for a favorable 5 start rating. So, as the good consumer I am I try to report this to Amazon. What a joke. Honestly, I think they've got so much going on that unless you tell them their hair's on fire they really don't care at all. For them to address all of the problems they're bombarded with on a daily basis isn't practical and would just have them losing money on the process.
Humboldt

Post by Humboldt »

I hear you.

As a retailer we buy from them, sell to them, do FBA Fulfilled By Amazon where you ship it to them in bulk ahead of time for them to ship when an order to them comes in, and have an an Amazon storefront.

They can be a nightmare to deal with. Luckily someone else does.
Philip
SG VIP

Post by Philip »

Amazon definitely has issues that they don't care about addressing, seems they want to just provide a platform connecting sellers/buyers and not deal with customers. They rip their profit from small merchants, shipping, providing the services essentially, not customer support.

At one point in time I received a package from Amazon with a different name, but my address on it. Couldn't find the person on my street, or my area at all. Tried to contact Amazon to no avail. Talked to the Amazon driver when he was around about a way to return a package and he said there is no way if I didn't order it, even he didn't have an idea, he didn't want to take it back or have anything to do with it. I opened it, and got a couple of phone car mounts... Two weeks later identical package arrives, same person's name, same items, my address. A couple of months later, another package with couple of pairs of socks, same person's name, my address on the label. This was a couple of years ago, I kind of feel bad as if I was taking advantage of some old lady that doesn't know where she lives, but OTOH there was nothing else for me to do.
Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits). I also eat whatever crayons are put in front of me.
๑۩۞۩๑
Easto
SG Elite

Post by Easto »

Philip wrote:A couple of months later, another package with couple of pairs of socks, same person's name, my address on the label. This was a couple of years ago, I kind of feel bad as if I was taking advantage of some old lady that doesn't know where she lives, but OTOH there was nothing else for me to do.
I hear you. I like to think of myself as someone who can afford what I want and there's no reason to be taking advantage of others. I've had several deliveries that belonged to my neighbors and I promptly take them over to them. I've had neighbors do the same for me. But when it comes to Amazon, once there's a glitch it just like swatting at flies, they don't want to have anything to do with it. In a way I understand it, you can't be devoting someone who's making $20 an hour to figure out why a $15 box of sponges got messed up. The big problem is all the waste.
YeOldeStonecat
SG VIP

Post by YeOldeStonecat »

Philip wrote:...
At one point in time I received a package from Amazon with a different name, but my address on it. Couldn't find the person on my street, or my area at all. Tried to contact Amazon to no avail. Talked to the Amazon driver when he was around about a way to return a package and he said there is no way if I didn't order it, even he didn't have an idea, he didn't want to take it back or have anything to do with it. I opened it, and got a couple of phone car mounts... Two weeks later identical package arrives, same person's name, same items, my address. A couple of months later, another package with couple of pairs of socks, same person's name, my address on the label. This was a couple of years ago, I kind of feel bad as if I was taking advantage of some old lady that doesn't know where she lives, but OTOH there was nothing else for me to do.
"Brushing"....a method...start up businesses in china send stuff to addresses....and then they post their own fake reviews. They'll often stand up a fake name at a real address for this, through a "fake" Amazon account. Does not have to be a hijacked legit Amazon account or the actual real name of the home owner at XX address. Which...Amazon usually does pay attention to if you report it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer ... QPUV79Z2ZC

https://allaboutcookies.org/amazon-brushing-scam
MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
Guinness for Strength!!!