checking in...

Discuss anything not covered in another forum (life, the universe etc.)... Please keep it PG-13 and avoid spam.
nightowl
SG Elite

checking in...

Post by nightowl »

how are all the old timers holding up with this COVID mess going on?
Zilog B wrote:Loading the dishwasher at brembo's house means bringing the fiancee a sixpack home.
Philip
SG VIP

Post by Philip »

Alive and kicking here ;) Haven't had it so far as far as I know, vaccinated with Pfizer in March.
Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits). I also eat whatever crayons are put in front of me.
๑۩۞۩๑
YeOldeStonecat
SG VIP

Post by YeOldeStonecat »

Hey Night!

Busy like crazy.....doing IT for Small to Medium Biz's....went crazy with COVID.
Still go down to Florida a couple of times a year, wife and I will be doing first "snowbird" winter down there in Jan/Feb working all remote.
Back up north here...we live on the boat about 1/2 of each week.
MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
Guinness for Strength!!!
MadDoctor

Post by MadDoctor »

I'm pretty and clean! Pics to follow.
People will forget what you said... and people will forget what you did... but people will never forget how you made them feel.
MadDoctor

Post by MadDoctor »

+2
People will forget what you said... and people will forget what you did... but people will never forget how you made them feel.
Humboldt

Post by Humboldt »

Hey buddy :)

Hanging in there. Haven't missed a day at work in 3+ years.
BMED
SG Elite

Post by BMED »

Hey Nightowl, no rest for the wicked here, my wife and I were steady before, during and hopefully after COVID and we will continue to provide our healthcare services for as long as we can. I plan to finally retire in January but will continue to provide my services where needed within the Veterans Administration. Hope all is well on your end, take care and be safe!
nightowl
SG Elite

Post by nightowl »

glad to see you guys are doing good! As for my end this year has been busy. My cat passed away after 16 years in January I switched jobs after 14 years (same organization) in march. Wife got a newer 2018 subaru Crosstrek. Had to modify it a bit as the stereo and lights sucked.

In May my family and I did get covid B variant due to my wifes co-worker being stupid. wife suffered the worst, I did not get the cough as I got my first vaccine 3 days before. Eldest daughter got super tired and lost her taste and smell. younger 2 daughters where A symptomatic. All got through it after 2.5 weeks without hospitalization.

Got into boating (what else are you going to do during covid?). Got a 11 foot inflatable with metal floor. Ended up with 3 engines LOL. first one is electric (62 Lb thrust about one HP). Second one is a old 15HP Evinrude 2 stroke. Bit scary at full throttle doing 33km/h LOL. Third one is a new 5 HP tuhatsu propane outboard. Takes any standard north American propane tank and uses 2.2 pounds an hour. Should keep me busy.

Oh and we got a new kitten 2 days ago (7 weeks) and named her maple.
Zilog B wrote:Loading the dishwasher at brembo's house means bringing the fiancee a sixpack home.
MadDoctor

Post by MadDoctor »

nightowl wrote: Oh and we got a new kitten 2 days ago (7 weeks) and named her maple.
Pics????? (Drool)
Norm
SG VIP

Post by Norm »

Good to see you nightowl, been a while.

Getting everything in order here for retirement. Turning 65 soon.

In 2 days I leave on my bike for a couple of weeks riding around up north and camping illegally (probably gonna have a "restricted" fire too.
Lots of fires burning in the north. Some out of control.
Rules were made (for me) to break. :)

P.S. I will be very careful. Don't need to spend retirement in a cell.
Paft
SG Elite

Post by Paft »

Alive and mostly well. Enjoying federal service; looking to advance in GS levels soon. Otherwise pretty settled - me and my little kitty just enjoying life for what it is. :)
Humboldt

Post by Humboldt »

Paft wrote:Alive and mostly well. Enjoying federal service; looking to advance in GS levels soon. Otherwise pretty settled - me and my little kitty just enjoying life for what it is. :)
Hey Paft, hope you're well.
Paft
SG Elite

Post by Paft »

Humboldt wrote:Hey Paft, hope you're well.
Sure am. :) As well as can be anyhow.

I certainly hope you are as well!
nightowl
SG Elite

Post by nightowl »

MadDoctor wrote:Pics????? (Drool)
IMG_20210801_173236867_HDR.jpg
Attachments
IMG_20210816_184451532_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210810_142857684.jpg
MadDoctor

Post by MadDoctor »

What GS level are you at now ( I did some time in the GS world before retiring)?
Ken

Post by Ken »

MadDoctor wrote:What GS level are you at now ( I did some time in the GS world before retiring)?
My prison number is 34848954904040, is that what you were looking for? :D

Hello Nightowl and others, good to hear from you!
MadDoctor

Post by MadDoctor »

nightowl wrote:[ATTACH=CONFIG]1408[/ATTACH]
Very sweet!!!!!
knightmare

Post by knightmare »

nightowl wrote:how are all the old timers holding up with this COVID mess going on?
Hanging in there....watching events unfold, along with everyone else.
“"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."”

Bruce Lee