Kold's delivery room blog.

Discuss anything not covered in another forum (life, the universe etc.)... Please keep it PG-13 and avoid spam.
koldchillah

Kold's delivery room blog.

Post by koldchillah »

Going on 20.5 hrs.. It's 3:10am and things are progressing, slowly. I'm exhausted, haven't slept but the Mrs. is being quite the trooper. :nod:

Contractions are now 5 minutes apart.. on a scale of 1-10, the intensity is around 5 or 6. She's pondering the epidural at this point but trying to tough it out as long as possible.

She hasn't been checked for dialation since 6pm (1.5cm), so I'd imagine we're probably getting somewhere by now. Nothing else to do but massage her through the contractions and just sit and wait for the next one.

Beatles, A day in the life plays softly in the background. :cool:
"Nobody's invincible, no plan is foolproof, We all must meet our moment of truth." - Guru
Massa

Post by Massa »

Hang in there KC. Best of luck to you and your wife, and congratulations on your soon to be born child!
YARDofSTUF

Post by YARDofSTUF »

Whats this kid waiting for! 20.5 hours of labor, thats gonna come back to bite teh kid in the ass the first time he/she/it(haha had to :p ) wants to borrow mom's car.
Sarahnn

Post by Sarahnn »

ouch...yer description brings back memories for me!!!! I know what she's going through.

God Speed you two........ X O

(Oh Philip, we need to get some mushy heart smilies at this site for mushy people like me?) :nod:
Lefty

Post by Lefty »

Good luck bro. :thumb:
Joint Chiefs of Staff

Post by Joint Chiefs of Staff »

Puuuuuussssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
>>Cult Master of International Affairs<<
koldchillah

Post by koldchillah »

5:51am.. WATER BROKE! w00t!! Progress! Contractions are unbearable for me to watch... My hand is being crushed by the might of "woman in pain". lol :D
"Nobody's invincible, no plan is foolproof, We all must meet our moment of truth." - Guru
David
SG Elite

Post by David »

The water breaking is but the start.

Hang tough, Mrs. Chillah.

Hell_Yes

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity - Seneca

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche
downhill

Post by downhill »

Time to stick the thread.
YeOldeStonecat
SG VIP

Post by YeOldeStonecat »

:cool:
MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
Guinness for Strength!!!
Roody
SG VIP

Post by Roody »

Something tells me Koldchillah is a daddy now. :nod:
mountainman
SG VIP

Post by mountainman »

Hope so!!

Best of luck and prayers on the way.
Jamie_R

Post by Jamie_R »

Good Luck Mr & Mrs Kold :thumb:

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Prey521

Post by Prey521 »

Kold! I told my wife that I want to bring the laptop to the delivery, she told me that she'd smash it over my head, then stuff the smashed up pieces down my throat as I lay there unconscious! LMAO!

Good luck bro man!!
owned by pac0z atm

koldchillah

Post by koldchillah »

2cm dialated, baby is sitting very low (pelvic station 0) and has been since yesterday. The contractions are growing stronger and closer apart and the epidural has helped take away the pain.

I can barely stay awake, but we are chillin', doing fine, watching "The Terminal", which neither of us have seen. Pretty funny so far. :thumb:
Philip
SG VIP

Post by Philip »

2cm... There is still some time to 10cm then. Epidural makes a huge difference from what I''ve observed :)

Thanks for the update!
Izzo
SG VIP

Post by Izzo »

koldchillah wrote:2cm dialated, baby is sitting very low (pelvic station 0) and has been since yesterday. The contractions are growing stronger and closer apart and the epidural has helped take away the pain.

I can barely stay awake, but we are chillin', doing fine, watching "The Terminal", which neither of us have seen. Pretty funny so far. :thumb:
2cm eh.....a while to go yet ....my wife went through 17 hours of labor with my son...I think I was awake for 36 hours before I got any sleep and even then it only for like a couple hours....

have fun
Offensive
Humboldt

Post by Humboldt »

Can't you just dangle a lollipop between her legs to get the critter to come out sooner?

:)

Best of luck.
koldchillah

Post by koldchillah »

Prey521 wrote:Kold! I told my wife that I want to bring the laptop to the delivery, she told me that she'd smash it over my head, then stuff the smashed up pieces down my throat as I lay there unconscious! LMAO!

Good luck bro man!!
:rotfl: :rotfl:

If she rushes into the hospital while in labor, that might be one thing. If you come in for induction and you have to sit there while not much happens for 20 hours, then I'd say bring the laptop, just put it away when she's wants your attention and don't try to tell her to hang on while you "save your game". :p
Roody
SG VIP

Post by Roody »

Humboldt wrote:Can't you just dangle a lollipop between her legs to get the critter to come out sooner?

:)

Best of luck.
haha :rotfl:
koldchillah

Post by koldchillah »

4.5cm!! w00t!!
YARDofSTUF

Post by YARDofSTUF »

Call your buddies up get them in there to cheer "baby baby baby..." so help that kid get out, seems to need some encouragement!
Izzo
SG VIP

Post by Izzo »

YARDofSTUF wrote:Call your buddies up get them in there to cheer "baby baby baby..." so help that kid get out, seems to need some encouragement!

Just tell her she isn't working hard enough :D
Offensive
Shinobi

Post by Shinobi »

koldchillah wrote:4.5cm!! w00t!!

I'm just taking a quick break at home then I'm heading back into the hospital. Good luck to you both.. a wonderful event.. Both You and I man so blessed this holiday season :thumb:
Shinobi

Post by Shinobi »

Bump +1 to get Kold's thread back 2 top
Shinobi

Post by Shinobi »

Bump +1
YARDofSTUF

Post by YARDofSTUF »

+1 for Shinobi keeping the sticky on page 1 :p

Could the long silence from Kold be a sign that kid is ready!?
knightmare

Post by knightmare »

keep pushing on...Kold******** :thumb:
“"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."”

Bruce Lee
koldchillah

Post by koldchillah »

Shinobi wrote:I'm just taking a quick break at home then I'm heading back into the hospital. Good luck to you both.. a wonderful event.. Both You and I man so blessed this holiday season :thumb:
Good to hear from you Shinobi! :cool:

We're 5.5cm dialated now but she has begun to run a fever. Docs say it's somewhat normal and they put her on some antibiotics to counter any kind of infection that may try to creep up due to her water being broken for so long.
koldchillah

Post by koldchillah »

It's showtime folks! I'll check back once we are settled in our post-partum suite.. She's 8.5 cm's and has the shakes, which is a good sign towards the end of labor..

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone! :cool:
mountainman
SG VIP

Post by mountainman »

Woohooo!!!
Ken

Post by Ken »

All that I can say is in this thread...
http://forums.speedguide.net/showthread.php?t=70245

Good luck and best wishes!
Roody
SG VIP

Post by Roody »

Good luck man. Cya on the other side. :D
CableDude
SG VIP

Post by CableDude »

Prey521 wrote:Kold! I told my wife that I want to bring the laptop to the delivery, she told me that she'd smash it over my head, then stuff the smashed up pieces down my throat as I lay there unconscious! LMAO!

Good luck bro man!!
:rotfl:
Zilog B

Post by Zilog B »

My wife ripped the phone cord out of the wall right before she delivered our first one. It kept ringing and she was pi$$ed :rotfl:
My son ... ask for thyself another internet connection, for that which I leave is too slow for thee
koldchillah

Post by koldchillah »

8 lbs, 5 oz. 20.5" long, born @ 5:23pm after 50 minutes of hard pushing.

She's with a tired mommy right now. Things have quieted down for a moment in the room so I thought I'd jump on and let everyone know it all went well. :thumb:
Prey521

Post by Prey521 »

Awesome!!! Congrats man!! Was it nerve wrecking? Did you feel faint? Did you look?

My bro in law looked at when they took out the placents! :vomit:
owned by pac0z atm

Izzo
SG VIP

Post by Izzo »

Prey521 wrote:Awesome!!! Congrats man!! Was it nerve wrecking? Did you feel faint? Did you look?

My bro in law looked at when they took out the placents! :vomit:
good news ... yeah details....your thoughts....
Offensive
Shinobi

Post by Shinobi »

koldchillah wrote:8 lbs, 5 oz. 20.5" long, born @ 5:23pm after 50 minutes of hard pushing.

She's with a tired mommy right now. Things have quieted down for a moment in the room so I thought I'd jump on and let everyone know it all went well. :thumb:

Very cool man congrats! Just came home from the hospital for supper, and I wanted to check and see how you both were doing..
Very awesome man, all the best! :)
nightowl
SG Elite

Post by nightowl »

congrats!!!!

i'll be joining the club on june 2nd 2007
Zilog B wrote:Loading the dishwasher at brembo's house means bringing the fiancee a sixpack home.