Kold's delivery room blog.

Discuss anything not covered in another forum (life, the universe etc.)... Please keep it PG-13 and avoid spam.
MissTynker2

Post by MissTynker2 »

Congratulations new Mom and Dad! Woo Hoo!! Nice sized baby for sure. Now BOTH of you get some rest before you bring that precious bundle home with you :p
Mystical Folding Minx
Lefty

Post by Lefty »

congrats. :thumb:
downhill

Post by downhill »

Woooohoooooo! Congrats!!!!
Randy

Post by Randy »

koldchillah wrote:8 lbs, 5 oz. 20.5" long, born @ 5:23pm after 50 minutes of hard pushing.

:thumb:
congrats!!!! ....have a lil look and see if the baby has a penis if it does then you prolly have a boy!

I was going to post a link to that thread, but the SG search results for "bullsh|t" were too numerous

sometimes you have to think outside the box to get inside the box ;).
YARDofSTUF

Post by YARDofSTUF »

Finally, thats awesome! :cool:
Roody
SG VIP

Post by Roody »

koldchillah wrote:8 lbs, 5 oz. 20.5" long, born @ 5:23pm after 50 minutes of hard pushing.

She's with a tired mommy right now. Things have quieted down for a moment in the room so I thought I'd jump on and let everyone know it all went well. :thumb:
:thumb:
BaLa
SG VIP

Post by BaLa »

Congrats...

I'll be there myself in a few months
CableDude
SG VIP

Post by CableDude »

Congrats :thumb:
Jamie_R

Post by Jamie_R »

Congratulations! :thumb:

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Philip
SG VIP

Post by Philip »

Congrats !!! :thumb:
Debbie

Post by Debbie »

Dam, that was a lot of work. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb:
Mark

Post by Mark »

congrats :)
koldchillah

Post by koldchillah »

Prey521 wrote:Awesome!!! Congrats man!! Was it nerve wrecking? Did you feel faint? Did you look?

My bro in law looked at when they took out the placents! :vomit:
Thanks man.. You're next, amigo! :D

Bro, I was all up in the mix, holding one of Mrs. Kold's legs and pushing it against her when she was pushing. There was a nurse on the other leg and the doc with fingers down in there helping the baby out.

I watched the whole thing, down to every last graphic detail. It was INTENSE lemme tell ya!! I don't know how women do it without an epidural.

The doc had to do a "cut" down there to help the baby get some extra room and on top of that, she still had a 3rd degree tear, so my wife is going to be extra sore for a bit as she heals up.. Once the head began to push through, the rest of her shot out like a rocket along with what looked to be a gallon of fluids, etc.. Then the placenta sorta falls out like some alien blob, almost the same size as the baby. :wth: :eek:

I also must say, if you're anything like me, I was pretty calm throughout the whole procedure, but once that baby falls out and you hear it cry for the first time, it's going to hit you like a tsunami of emotion.. or at least, thats when it all hit me. I felt short of breath and I had to dig down deep to hold myself together for the first few moments.. it was THAT intense, but all in all, it's an amazing feeling that you won't ever forget, I'll promise you that. :cool:

Last night we slept with the baby in our room, and at first, she cried and cried and we were passing her back and forth like a bunch of n00bs, not having a clue what to do. Amazingly, after her 3am feeding, she passed out and slept through the ENTIRE night with the exception of a couple scheduled feedings for which my wife had to actually wake Maya up, then she quickly fell back asleep until we woke her again.

For the record, she's dirtied up 3 diapers already and I, DAD, has chaged EVERY diaper and done all the dirty work so far. :D It's actually not that hard and the diapers are easy to put on, you just can't be afraid to get a little on ya. ;)

Gotta run now, guests are going to start visiting us throughout the day and I need some food in my stomach before the chaos begins. We want to thank all of you for all the good thoughts, prayers, and blessings. We really appreciate it. :)
"Nobody's invincible, no plan is foolproof, We all must meet our moment of truth." - Guru
Izzo
SG VIP

Post by Izzo »

koldchillah wrote:Thanks man.. You're next, amigo! :D

Bro, I was all up in the mix, holding one of Mrs. Kold's legs and pushing it against her when she was pushing. There was a nurse on the other leg and the doc with fingers down in there helping the baby out.

I watched the whole thing, down to every last graphic detail. It was INTENSE lemme tell ya!! I don't know how women do it without an epidural.

The doc had to do a "cut" down there to help the baby get some extra room and on top of that, she still had a 3rd degree tear, so my wife is going to be extra sore for a bit as she heals up.. Once the head began to push through, the rest of her shot out like a rocket along with what looked to be a gallon of fluids, etc.. Then the placenta sorta falls out like some alien blob, almost the same size as the baby. :wth: :eek:

I also must say, if you're anything like me, I was pretty calm throughout the whole procedure, but once that baby falls out and you hear it cry for the first time, it's going to hit you like a tsunami of emotion.. or at least, thats when it all hit me. I felt short of breath and I had to dig down deep to hold myself together for the first few moments.. it was THAT intense, but all in all, it's an amazing feeling that you won't ever forget, I'll promise you that. :cool:

Last night we slept with the baby in our room, and at first, she cried and cried and we were passing her back and forth like a bunch of n00bs, not having a clue what to do. Amazingly, after her 3am feeding, she passed out and slept through the ENTIRE night with the exception of a couple scheduled feedings for which my wife had to actually wake Maya up, then she quickly fell back asleep until we woke her again.

For the record, she's dirtied up 3 diapers already and I, DAD, has chaged EVERY diaper and done all the dirty work so far. :D It's actually not that hard and the diapers are easy to put on, you just can't be afraid to get a little on ya. ;)

Gotta run now, guests are going to start visiting us throughout the day and I need some food in my stomach before the chaos begins. We want to thank all of you for all the good thoughts, prayers, and blessings. We really appreciate it. :)

:cool: :cool:
Offensive
Sarahnn

Post by Sarahnn »

Thank God...I was getting sympathy pains!!!!

Congrats to all on the new family member!!!!!! :thumb:
David
SG Elite

Post by David »

Excellent news, Mr. and Mrs KC.

Remember to keep that belly button clean

Hell_Yes

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity - Seneca

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche
Bouncer

Post by Bouncer »

Happy Birthday for Yesterday Maya!!! :thumb:

Congratulations and Best Wishes to all your family KC.

Tom
minir

Post by minir »

Congratulations all round koldchillah :thumb:

--

minir
koldchillah

Pics!

Post by koldchillah »

I finally got a chance to upload some pics.. enjoy! :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mattandsilvia/
"Nobody's invincible, no plan is foolproof, We all must meet our moment of truth." - Guru
Debbie

Post by Debbie »

koldchillah wrote:I finally got a chance to upload some pics.. enjoy! :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mattandsilvia/
OMG....that first picture!! ;) :thumb:
Roody
SG VIP

Post by Roody »

Great pics man. :thumb:
mountainman
SG VIP

Post by mountainman »

Congrats! Your experience was pretty much just like mine. Helped out a lot, laid back through it all and then having the baby there just brought it all on.

BTW, I could have done without the fluid/placenta description. That brought back the memories. Blech!

:p
YeOldeStonecat
SG VIP

Post by YeOldeStonecat »

Awesome Matt! And the Mrs! Cool pics. :thumb:
MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
Guinness for Strength!!!
Prey521

Post by Prey521 »

As soon as thr baby comes out, that when I'll stop lookin in that region! :rotfl:

Kold, that is one beautiful baby!! You'll be sooooooooo screwed in about 13-15 years :rotfl:

I've been secretly praying for an ugly girl with no boobs, booty and crooked teeth, so that no guys will hit on her when she's older. Impossible though, I mean, come'n, just look at me and the wife, we're gonna have one hot baby! :D :rotfl:

Again, congrats dude!!
owned by pac0z atm

Ken

Post by Ken »

She's with a tired mommy right now. Things have quieted down for a moment in the room so I thought I'd jump on and let everyone know it all went well. :thumb:
Congratulations! :)
YARDofSTUF

Post by YARDofSTUF »

Prey521 wrote:we're gonna have one hot baby!
Remember, when your baby is born and starts crying, its not crying like all the other babies, its crying cuz your the father.

Maybe if your lucky she'll get your wifes looks but your body hair.

:D
koldchillah

Post by koldchillah »

mountainman wrote:BTW, I could have done without the fluid/placenta description. That brought back the memories. Blech!

:p
Thanks! Someone was asking for details, so there ya have it. :p
koldchillah

Post by koldchillah »

Prey521 wrote:As soon as thr baby comes out, that when I'll stop lookin in that region! :rotfl:

Kold, that is one beautiful baby!! You'll be sooooooooo screwed in about 13-15 years :rotfl:

I've been secretly praying for an ugly girl with no boobs, booty and crooked teeth, so that no guys will hit on her when she's older. Impossible though, I mean, come'n, just look at me and the wife, we're gonna have one hot baby! :D :rotfl:

Again, congrats dude!!

:rotfl: :rotfl: Thanks bro! Good luck next month.. :thumb:
Roody
SG VIP

Post by Roody »

koldchillah wrote:Thanks! Someone was asking for details, so there ya have it. :p
So what what percentage of brown would you say it was for you guys? :rotfl:
Shinobi

Post by Shinobi »

She's awesome man congrats!
koldchillah

Post by koldchillah »

and in the blink of an eye, she got her drivers license today. :)
Philip
SG VIP

Post by Philip »

Whoa, congrats!

On the bright side, girls' insurance cost is much cheaper, and there is always Google Location Sharing to ease your mind, heh. Ask me how I know :rotfl:
Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits). I also eat whatever crayons are put in front of me.
๑۩۞۩๑
Easto
SG Elite

Post by Easto »

It's amazing how watching a kid grow up can really slap you in the face with a sense of time. I was just looking at a video of one of the grandkids when she was about 3 or 4 and just the other day I was helping her enroll in college.
koldchillah

Post by koldchillah »

Philip wrote:Whoa, congrats!

On the bright side, girls' insurance cost is much cheaper, and there is always Google Location Sharing to ease your mind, heh. Ask me how I know :rotfl:
yes, the insurance cost was a lot less than I expected, thankfully. It was adding the 3rd vehicle to the policy that did all the damage. Didn't go up a dime when I added her as an extra driver, 5 months after adding the vehicle. *shrugs

We use Apple's location tracking and now I'll be checking her location a lot more often now than I was previously. lol
YeOldeStonecat
SG VIP

Post by YeOldeStonecat »

koldchillah wrote:and in the blink of an eye, she got her drivers license today. :)
Oh my gosh..how time flies. I remember meeting you well before this event, and...remember you posting this thread...

Oh to see the little ones grow up...ever so quickly. Not many years ago I was taking my daughter out for her driving lessons. She was afraid to drive my truck (full sized crew cab F-150 now)....said it was too big. I kept telling her she'll be doing her training hours in my truck, learn how to park THIS beast, you can park ANYthing.

...fast forward...she parks her car like a champ..even usually backs it into most parking spots (rare for a female, backing in is usually a guy thing).

And just 6 or so weeks ago we helped her move out of the house, into her first apartment. She's 20 years old, and...living in her own apt now. Right around the corner from us about a 5 minute drive...but..on her own, swimming in the deep end of the pool!
MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
Guinness for Strength!!!
MadDoctor

Post by MadDoctor »

YeOldeStonecat wrote:She's 20 years old, and...living in her own apt now. But.. swimming in the deep end of the pool!
My heart hurts. Been there......
People will forget what you said... and people will forget what you did... but people will never forget how you made them feel.
koldchillah

Post by koldchillah »

Easto wrote:It's amazing how watching a kid grow up can really slap you in the face with a sense of time. I was just looking at a video of one of the grandkids when she was about 3 or 4 and just the other day I was helping her enroll in college.
No kidding! t's great watching them grow up, but man does it fly by!