Army orders a ban on body piercing.....

Discuss anything not covered in another forum (life, the universe etc.)... Please keep it PG-13 and avoid spam.
Croc

Army orders a ban on body piercing.....

Post by Croc »

From our national Sunday newspaper, The Sunday Sun.

Modern fashion has lost a battle with the Australian Army with body piercing being banned.

The Army has adjusted to sexual preferences of members and moustaches are also allowed, but after a soldier had his right nipple ripped off when a nipple ring was caught up in an obstacle course and a female members tongue had to be partially amputated when a metal stud had to be surgically removed, the Army said "enough!"

Soldiers are now banned from wearing body piercing jewellery while on duty or on military establishments.

The Deputy Chief of the Army said," The Army has a duty to protect it's soldiers, not to be at the cutting edge of alternative culture."
.........................................................................................................

Body piercing is now limited to 9mm weapons. LOL

Croc.
Croc.
It will be long, it will be hard and there will be no withdrawal.
Winston Churchill
Remember: Wherever you go in life, you take yourself with you.
Gaming-Module

Post by Gaming-Module »

Good. Ban it outright I say. I've seen too many people squeezing puss out of their extremities to think any other way.
EvilAngel

Re: Army orders a ban on body piercing.....

Post by EvilAngel »

Originally posted by Croc
Body piercing is now limited to 9mm weapons. LOL

Croc.
*LOL*.. :D
The Devil wrote:Tolerance is a virtue, not a requirement.
SG Theme Song
CompGeek83

Re: Army orders a ban on body piercing.....

Post by CompGeek83 »

" The Army has a duty to protect it's soldiers, not to be at the cutting edge of alternative culture."
i agree
"Free your mind and the rest will follow."
CompGeek83 - SpeedForums Webmaster/Admin
Athlon Tbird 1.4 266FSB | Abit KT7a-Raid | 512 MB SDRAM
Abit Siluro Geforce 2 MX400 64MB | SB Live | 384/384k DSL
(If you don't like what I have to say, go straight back to the AOL you came from)
EvilAngel

Post by EvilAngel »

Originally posted by Macho-Module
Good. Ban it outright I say. I've too many people squeezing puss out of their extremities to think any other way.
Really should see a doctor for that... :D
The Devil wrote:Tolerance is a virtue, not a requirement.
SG Theme Song
grundy

Post by grundy »

Good. Ban it outright I say. I've seen too many people squeezing puss out of their extremities to think any other way.

ugghh
Immortal

Post by Immortal »

I mean they could have more sense than that... wearing piercings to combat or training.. heck we have to take everything off to practice or play a game...
Croc

Post by Croc »

Originally posted by Immortal
I mean they could have more sense than that... wearing piercings to combat or training.. heck we have to take everything off to practice or play a game...
Yeah, I've seen the way you get down to the bare essentials when the players suit up for American football. Chest pads, shoulder pads and ummm, oh yes, a bloody helmet. j/k ;)

A guy I used to work with was pensioned out of the Army here after he injured himself on a training exercise.
There he was, charging down toward enemy positions at full gallop when a tree stump about 3 feet hign appeared from nowhere.
He cleared that in a split second and carried on with the charge.

A while later, after the charge had ended, he felt moisture in his GP's (boots). Looked down to see his cams soaked in blood.
He checked himself out and found he was short one right jewel. Medics went back to where he said it may have happened and there it was sitting atop the stump.
The Army replaced the lost jewel with an silicone implant. The first one failed so it became a great party joke. The second one was ok and gives him no trouble at all.

True story.

Croc.
Croc.
It will be long, it will be hard and there will be no withdrawal.
Winston Churchill
Remember: Wherever you go in life, you take yourself with you.
drdoug99
SG Elite

Post by drdoug99 »

Yeah, I've seen the way you get down to the bare essentials when the players suit up for American football. Chest pads, shoulder pads and ummm, oh yes, a bloody helmet. j/k ;)

A guy I used to work with was pensioned out of the Army here after he injured himself on a training exercise.
There he was, charging down toward enemy positions at full gallop when a tree stump about 3 feet hign appeared from nowhere.
He cleared that in a split second and carried on with the charge.

A while later, after the charge had ended, he felt moisture in his GP's (boots). Looked down to see his cams soaked in blood.
He checked himself out and found he was short one right jewel. Medics went back to where he said it may have happened and there it was sitting atop the stump.
The Army replaced the lost jewel with an silicone implant. The first one failed so it became a great party joke. The second one was ok and gives him no trouble at all.

True story.

Croc.
:eek: OOWWWWW!!!!! short one right jewel, huh? no thanks, I'll stick with the 3 I have. :D