Personal Finance Software?

Discuss anything not covered in another forum (life, the universe etc.)... Please keep it PG-13 and avoid spam.
Easto
SG Elite

Personal Finance Software?

Post by Easto »

Before I start designing several spreadsheets I wanted to find out if there are any free or standalone (pay) personal finance apps (for PC)? I don't want anything cloud based. I'd like something where I can keep my monthly/yearly budget numbers along with tracking my investments. I'd like to download my banking and investment information on a daily/weekly/monthly basis and be able to manipulate those numbers in a meaningful way.

I have found a good household budget spreadsheet and I've also designed one that calculates my IRA RMDs and tracks it's performance. I was just hoping there might be something I could purchase and download. I've checked Quicken and Quick Books but they're not offering what I need. To be honest I'm thinking I may just design a handful of spreadsheets and start designing my own app.
MadDoctor

Re: Personal Finance Software?

Post by MadDoctor »

If I may be of service…. PM me for my “improved” app: MD2-IRS-NOWAY.EXE. Our switchboards are open.
Philip
SG VIP

Post by Philip »

I am not aware of one that would fit your needs, I use Excel quite a bit for similar tasks as well.
Easto
SG Elite

Post by Easto »

After posting this I took a look around and I think the best route is to just take some time and create the spreadsheets that I need.
Philip
SG VIP

Post by Philip »

I find it useful to use spreadsheets, write notes in Notepad, etc. Sometimes there is little benefit of being squared into some third-party software that only partly serves your needs.
Easto
SG Elite

Post by Easto »

Philip wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:05 pm
I find it useful to use spreadsheets, write notes in Notepad, etc. Sometimes there is little benefit of being squared into some third-party software that only partly serves your needs.
I've been slowly creating some spreadsheets that seem to be working. I just leave myself some room to add a few lines regarding anything I might have overlooked.