No Coffee

Discuss anything not covered in another forum (life, the universe etc.)... Please keep it PG-13 and avoid spam.
Easto
SG Elite

No Coffee

Post by Easto »

It's been almost 4 months since my last cup of coffee. I didn't stop for any particular reason other than I thought that after about 40 years of drinking several cups every day it was about time to take a break. I have to tell you though, about every 2 weeks I'll have a day where I just want a cup of coffee like it's no one's business! I've quit before but this is the longest I've ever gone.
Philip
SG VIP

Re: No Coffee

Post by Philip »

Why would you quit coffee? I can understand if you have hypertension or something, but I thought in moderation caffeine is not bad for your health.
Easto
SG Elite

Post by Easto »

It's not really a health/benefit issue with me. It's just more of an addiction issue. I just ask myself "why is this something you can't seem to quit"? So I've decided to go for a while without.

I will tell you one thing though... the first cup of coffee after not drinking any for a couple of months is euphoric.
Philip
SG VIP

Post by Philip »

I see, I can understand the personal growth "mind over matter" tack :)
MadDoctor

Post by MadDoctor »

Easto wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:01 am
the first cup of coffee after not drinking any for a couple of months is euphoric.
Like sex. I'm with you (not you in the way you think, but in the way I think).