I'm getting a lot of Spam

Discuss anything not covered in another forum (life, the universe etc.)... Please keep it PG-13 and avoid spam.
Easto
SG Elite

I'm getting a lot of Spam

Post by Easto »

I should be thankful since for virtually my entire computer life I have avoided email spam. Up until a year ago I might get 1 every other week. Now I must be on someone's list because I'm getting 5-10 a day to my primary account.

I feel I'm overly cautious when it comes to computer security and best practices but I guess there's really nothing you can do about it. Just in case, I've run Malwarebytes and a couple windows security scans. Anything else out there that I should download and scan my computer with?
Philip
SG VIP

Re: I'm getting a lot of Spam

Post by Philip »

Don't "unsubscribe" from them... Have a decent anti-spam filter, preferably marking spam on the mail server side, but you can also make some general rules on the client side.
Philip
SG VIP

Re: I'm getting a lot of Spam

Post by Philip »

MichaelBradley wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:24 am
How to mark spam on the mail server side? Please show me.
I hope this is not a spam post... (well, it turned to be as spammer, modified signature to a spam link :( )

Depends on the mail server.. But I would look into ASSP (Anti-Spam Relay Proxy). You can run it on both Linux or Windows, it can look through incoming mail and mark subjects with [spam], then you can easily add a rule to move those to a Junk mail folder that deletes old emails automatically.