PC - 933mhz pIII, 512 mb RAM
Win XP Pro
MTU = 1500
MTU is fully optimized for broadband.
MSS = 1460
Maximum useful data in each packet = 1460, which equals MSS.
Default Receive Window (RWIN) = 64512
RWIN Scaling (RFC1323) = 0 bits
Unscaled Receive Window = 64512
For optimum performance, consider changing RWIN to a multiple of MSS.
Other values for RWIN that might work well with your current MTU/MSS:
513920 (MSS x 44 * scale factor of 8)
256960 (MSS x 44 * scale factor of 4)
128480 (MSS x 44 * scale factor of 2)
64240 (MSS x 44)
bandwidth * delay product:
Your RcvWindow limits you to: 2580.48 kbps (322.56 KBytes/s) @ 200ms
Your RcvWindow limits you to: 1032.192 kbps (129.024 KBytes/s) @ 500ms
MTU Discovery (RFC1191) = ON
Time to live left = 110 hops
TTL value is ok.
Timestamps (RFC1323) = OFF
Selective Acknowledgements (RFC2018) = ON
IP type of service field (RFC1349)= 01011100
Precedence (priority) = 010 (immediate)
Delay = 1 (low delay)
Throughput = 1 (high throughput)
Reliability = 1 (high reliability)
Cost = 0 (normal cost)
1. Under your LAN connection - properties - general tab, uninstall all the protocols there except TCP/IP Internet Protocol.
2. Open IE and select tools - internet options - connections - LAN settings, make sure NOTHING there is checked.
3. Make sure you have the latest drivers for your NIC from the manufacturer. Set your NIC duplex mode to 10mb half duplex for Cable, for DSL it is ISP dependent unless you are using a router, if so then set it to 100mb full duplex for both Cable & DSL (the instructions are in my Help & Tips link).
4. Clear your temporary internet files.
5. Power cycle your modem, unplug it for atleast 15 seconds.
6. Download and update then do a scan with SpyBot, anything checked in red is spyware and safe to remove.