Thread: Comcast default password??

Comcast default password??

My grandmother got Comcast Cable, and due to a small mixup, we somehow never got our password. We got the user name, but not the password (the password you use to manage your account, etc)

Anyone know what the default password is on new accounts? I remember that when I got cable I had to change the password from the default.

I've tried "password" and leaving it blank, neither worked.

Scorpionx,
    Mine came the mail and an email, too. I think!?? It's be a while.

spaceman

passwords were very random I believe.

Smile

Passwords were 6-8 characters and were totally scrambled... Give Comcast a ring & they'll reset the primary account password for you.
    When a problem comes along...You must whip it.....When something's going wrong...You must whip it....Whip it good...

You could try "changeme", I think that was the default on mine.

Smyrna, Delaware Car: 1998 Honda Accord EX Occupation: Honda Service Coordinator
    Originally posted by cplclegg
    You could try "changeme", I think that was the default on mine.

We have Comcast here and you are correct ... the default password is changeme
    Antec Nine Hundred case, 4GB A-Data DDR2 800 RAM, Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 Conroe 2.66GHz, ASUS P5K-E/WIFI-AP MB, XFX GeForce 8600GT XXX 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 video card, ZALMAN CNPS9500 AT 2 Ball CPU Cooling Fan/Heatsink, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s HDD, Aerocool FP-01 Multifunction panel w/card reader, Zerodba 620W PSU, LITE-ON 20X DVDħR DVD with LightScribe SATA, Samsung CDDVDW SH-S203B SATA, Acer P241W 24" w/s monitor, Canon CanoScan LiDE 35 scanner, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1.