is there anything left I can do to optimize my connection. I have a 1.2gigahertz athlon w/384mb of ram and @home Cable and I have Cablenut installed on my system. Thanks!
TCP options string = 020405b40103030301010402
MTU = 1500
MTU is fully optimized for broadband.
MSS = 1460
Maximum useful data in each packet = 1460, which is equal to MSS.
Default Receive Window (RWIN) = 513920
RWIN Scaling (RFC1323) = 3 bits
Unscaled Receive Window = 64240
RWIN is a multiple of MSS
Other values for RWIN that might work well with your current MTU/MSS:
256960 (MSS x 44 * scale factor of 4)
128480 (MSS x 44 * scale factor of 2)
64240 (MSS x 44)
bandwidth * delay product:
Your RcvWindow limits you to: 20556.8 kbps (2569.6 KBytes/s) @ 200ms
Your RcvWindow limits you to: 8222.72 kbps (1027.84 KBytes/s) @ 500ms
Panama City, FL and a FAN of Dale Earnhardt Jr. Bud Chevy & NASCAR , and the Atlanta Braves
For Win 9x bring up Cablenuts adjuster inside icon on desktop in box that says Cablenut,click on adjuster, in box that says DefaultRvcWindow take out number that is in there and put in one of these, 1 at a time, try:64240, 531440, 554800, 560640 or 578160
At bottom click save to registry, and REBOOT or it will not work. On help page below in signature, 2nd page, at bottom are Tips, and How to do Speed test
How do do speed test
1. The best time is early in the morning (3 AM - 6 AM)
2. Make sure defrag has been run so no files are fragmented
3. Delete Temp internet files, not while testing, but after each test. IE browser, click tools, internet options, click on delete files and no this will not harm system, just get rid of temp files
4. Go to a fast server such as www.happypuppy.com and click on 10 demos, select a LARGE file to download (not all of it , just most of it, before you click cancel) this will show you how fast you are downloading, it's not going to be quick except except early in morning when not many people on net. I recommend you go to www.analogX.com and download Net State live, run this while downloading as it will give you avg of your download speed, really all you need on Net Stat is incoming data, incoming totals and Local machine, right click on Net Stat anywhere, stactics and check these 3 items, the rest need not be checked unless you want them, all you care about is average. Another fast download site is ftp.lucasarts.com
Put system defrag in scheduled tasks to run everyday.
5. Probably the most important, nothing can be running during test, no firewalls, no virus stuff, no ICQ, no AIM (some of you may have to go into BIOS to disable virus scanner, nothing running except Net Stat live
Scheduled tasks will run disk defrag, 98 & SE in Taskbar, WIN ME in control panel
The people who want speed surfing or doing whatever must close all other programs.
(NOTE: at present time www.AOL.com seems to be fastest download site, at bottom download aol 6.0)
Or if you wish you may go to www.testmyspeed.com and do one of the online tests, these vary to much for me but you may like them.