Thread: .pub to .gif or .jpg????

Question .pub to .gif or .jpg????

how do I change file association from a publisher 2k (.pub) graghic to a .jpg or .gif so I can view it on someone elses computer? they don't have publisher 2k.how do I do this?

Can't publisher save as jpeg or bmp or gif?

Originally posted by TonyT
    Can't publisher save as jpeg or bmp or gif?
    I'm not sure,I did'nt check that out,I'm a hardware guy,not a software guy.can you tell me?can I change this file once I have saved it already?
    thanks...Dan

well, I don't have or use publisher but try this. Open the image in publisher and click the file menu and click "save as". You should have a list of formats to choose from in the dropdown list of the windows save file window.

Savisg AS will not change the original .pub file. You will now have 2 files, a .pub & a .whatever.

well, I don't have or use publisher but try this. Open the image in publisher and click the file menu and click "save as". You should have a list of formats to choose from in the dropdown list of the windows save file window.

Savisg AS will not change the original .pub file. You will now have 2 files, a .pub & a .whatever.

I did that and I don't see jpg or gif,????????

thanks for the help/....

if all you need is to show the file to someone who doesn't have publisher then open the image in publisher, center it, hit the print screen key on your keyboard. Open MSPaint and from the Edit menu choose paste. Then save as a gif or jpeg. (crop the image first)

if all you need is to show the file to someone who doesn't have publisher then open the image in publisher, center it, hit the print screen key on your keyboard. Open MSPaint and from the Edit menu choose paste. Then save as a gif or jpeg. (crop the image first)
    ok cool,that sounds like a good idea,what I am doing is making someone a mousepad,my mail boxes etc has a machine that transfers to the mouse pad and then it irons it on kinda.so that might work,,,I will try it right now,,,thanks!

go to www.jasc.com and get paint shop pro 7 to convert them :-P and go look somewere for a crack

thanks Tony,that worked......

Originally posted by Anime-loo
    go to www.jasc.com and get paint shop pro 7 to convert them :-P and go look somewere for a crack

hey anime,check your private messages.

also, with most of those programs, you have to click like

File - Export

or like File - Publish to web

File- Save image as

File - something like that. it's easy enough to find in most graphics programs. ALso, amazingly, the Help section is very useful too. not kidding either, I've used the help section tons of time, they usually have good walkthroughs.