Thread: DSL Cap

effy_t

Angry DSL Cap

Hello
    I'm a aDSL user from Israel, and I want to uncap it, due to too low upload speed (56 kbps).
    Please help me if you can.

ThanX

Uncapping is a subject not discussed here at Speedguide.
    Please see this link.

Banned
    hello you r a *******

Y does it seam the internet = cheap skate , thief , loser *******

"I want this software free, i want this speed but dont want to pay for it blah blah blah" seams like this is all you hear on the web

well tough titty baby, we all want things for free and it seams great right up to the time that someone wants something for nothing from YOU then it is a crime

yes there is a great way to increase your caps it is called "get a crowbar, pry open your cheap skate ass wallet, let the moths fly out, then reach in and get out some of that dusty money and PAY for a better service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

y also do people think that these big billion dollar ISPs set up their network in a fashion where any 12 year old moron with a p66 can use some super cracker, hacker, uncapper program written by a 13 year old to go in and bypass the limits the ISP sets up?? how would a company stay in bussiness if any fool could get in and control their network??

hey i got another great idea to get better speeds START YOUR OWN ISP and then YOU can set up a network where EVERY user on it can set their own caps and use all the bandwith they want and you could only charge them like 9.95 a month that would be awsome.... also offer free tech support not only for the connection but the entire computer and the subscribers internetwork and VPN too.. and you should support ALL OS's like linux, BE, AIX ect and have lots of free software like AUTOCAD, and GAMES lotta games for FREE too just for signing up.... you would be awsome and the GREATEST ISP EVER...... right up to the time when your network crashed from abuse and overuse and your company goes broke from giving away their service

have fun running your new ISP

FLAME OFF
    Last edited by rodrod5; 05-27-01 at 03:10 PM.

Detroit, Michigan Internet: Comcast Narrowband
    Hey Dude, dont be an ass to someone. He probably didnt know the effects, so chill. You talk to someone like that again Ill flame you like theres no tomorrow.

effy_t,

ON DSL, its impossible to uncap, because they control it at the head end. Its in your accounts config file.

Banned
    who cares if you flame me i dont dont cry about what someone post in a net fourm

and can you argue with the points i make??? and all these people that ask the cap question know what they are asking

by the way did my answer to your CAPS database question help you????????????????

People come here to ask questions and get answers, not to be sworn and yelled at.

Dont be a jerk.

That is uncalled for!!!

That is No Way to introduce a 1st poster to speedguide! I'm sure that makes the person feel real welcome. The top of the page doesn't have the Uncapping subject in BIG BOLD LETTERS that say that we do not discuss the subject. Let's have some respect for the new people for cryin out loud.

excuse me rodrod5, don't flame like that again please

it was uncalled for and not needed

One can simply explain all about un-capping without resorting to such insult and flamage

All you had to do was explain the effects of un-capping, and how it's illegal yadda yadda

no need to go off into the deep end and be an ass

if you want to play with fire, I can give you fire

so just calm down and don't do that again

effy_t sorry this happened in your thread

Uncapping is not possible, can't do it, it's illegal to try and do it anyways and whatever cap they set you at is what your stuck with unfortunetly

Have you tried any Registry Speed Patches from our site yet?
    "Would you mind not standing on my chest, my hats on fire." - The Doctor

Banned
    well brent you run a great site especially now that the faces are back

but damn man dont YOU ever tire of the SAME OLD QUESTION every hour???????????

cant anyone in this forum ever tell it like it is???
    all these super uncappers bitch and cry but i gave them a solution START YOUR OWN ISP and run it like YOU say it should be in here

i guess that is too real for here
    and as for flaming sure you could just kick me out oh well life goes on

i like speed guide and i work for an isp the vast majority of my limited post are to help people such as my response to halflifer on the C.A.P.S data base question then when i tried to follow up to see if he got his answer you pulled the post????

hey i want to post to help but maybe this is a forum to bitch about caps and share warez in if so i will move on

and again as for flaming yes i hate aol as i said i work for an isp if you did my job you would hate aol and most or their users too(but not all)
    and if you got something to flame me for i am alkl ears we all got faults bring it on maybe it will help me cure mine

Yes i do sometimes get tired of all the uncapping threads....

but then i remember there are new people coming in here all the time that do not know that it's bad/illegal/impossible to do, so you just have to inform them

they honestly may not know
    "Would you mind not standing on my chest, my hats on fire." - The Doctor

Excuse me, I ask him to delete that one thread, due to my own personal reasons.

Banned
    well you are a better more patient man than i am

i will try to keep my flame down, but i think most know the answer before they ask .. and i get tired of the constant isp bashing in here there are plenty of choices including aOL so if people are not happy switch to another, but wait the others suck worse .. and yes isp's are companies and there are problems just like all companies (have you ever gone through the drive through at whataburger slow as hell taco cabana worse) , but hey if you know what you are in for (caps) when you sign up or if you dont like the service when they change it move on or do with out or seek a real solution

there is so much pie in the sky out there about what speeds can and should be and so many unreal expectations that it just gets to me sometimes

plus like anything in the USA people like to bitch and dont then take the time to say hey my isp kicks ass i just like to stick up for the isp sometimes and put out the unreal expectations

thanks for the time man good day ya'll

Mississauga, Ontario , Canada. Behaviour : Good

Talking

Do you eat alot of beef and chilli, rod5? heh

I've heard they make people become hot heads or a dynamite with a short fuse.. hehe

cut down on beef wit stuffed chilli..... hmmmm foood...

effy_t

uncapping

You people are insane, you could just write "it's impossible and illegal to uncap adsl", you don't need to try killing me!

Thx anyway

Blog Entries
    excuse them efy_t, it's just that it's been asked 100s of times and people are getting iritated.

Here's a link to our ediorial on uncapping:
    http://www.speedguide.net/editorials/uncapping.shtml

Thread closed