Would someone please look at thes results and tell me what you think. These results look different to me than any other I've seen. My speed is ok, but I think it could be better. Any suggestions ? I have the Cablenut 4.0 patch installed on a 733/128 P III Thanks for your Help.
TCP options string = 020405b40103030201010402
MTU = 1500
MTU is fully optimized for broadband.
MSS = 1460
Maximum useful data in each packet = 1460, which is equal to MSS.
Default Receive Window (RWIN) = 204400
RWIN Scaling (RFC1323) = 2 bits
Unscaled Receive Window = 51100
RWIN is a multiple of MSS
Other values for RWIN that might work well with your current MTU/MSS:
513920 (MSS x 44 * scale factor of 8)
256960 (MSS x 44 * scale factor of 4)
128480 (MSS x 44 * scale factor of 2)
64240 (MSS x 44)
bandwidth * delay product:
Your RcvWindow limits you to: 8176 kbps (1022 KBytes/s) @ 200ms
Your RcvWindow limits you to: 3270.4 kbps (408.8 KBytes/s) @ 500ms
If you don't know how, click on cablenut 4.0 on desktop, then adjuster, this is where you make changes, after changes are made, click save to registry at bottom and reboot. Blank boxes just mean default value is being used.
How do do speed test
1. The best time is early in the morning (3 AM - 6 AM)
2. Make sure defrag has been run so no files are fragmented
3. Delete Temp internet files, not while testing, but after each test. IE browser, click tools, internet options, click on delete files and no this will not harm system, just get rid of temp files
4. Go to a fast server such as www.happypuppy.com and click on 10 demos, select a LARGE file to download (not all of it of download, just most of it, before you click cancel) this will show you how fast you are downloading, it's not going to be quick except except early in morning when not many people on net. I recommend you go to www.analogX.com and download Net State live, run this while downloading as it will give you avg of your download speed.
5. Probably the most important, nothing can be running during test, no firewalls, no virus stuff, no ICQ, no AIM (some of you may have to go into BIOS to disable virus scanner, nothing running except Net Stat live
Scheduled tasks will run disk defrag, 98 & SE in Taskbar, WIN ME in control panel