My wireless connection became very slow about a week ago, and I don't know why.
- Internet Service Provider: Time Warner
- Router Model: Netgear N600 WNDR3700v2
- Wireless connection on the other side of the apartment used to be ~16 megabits/second, is now ~2 megabits/second or fails to load any pages.
Things I've Tried:
- Changing the channel. No speed difference.
- Checking for intruders. No devices listed that are not supposed to be there.
- Checking for trojans on connected computers. Which computers are currently turned on does not affect the speed at all.
- Talking to Time Warner about my connection. The modem works perfectly fine, the problem is that the signal is not strong enough.
- Moving possible sources of interference in the apartment around. No avail.
What do you think is the cause of the speed drop? Thank you very much.
Note: I also posted in the CNET forums. The post can be found here.