I've been running Windows XP for awhile now. I finally decided to take the plunge and buy Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit. Copying over 300GB of files wasn't easy.. I have no room on my external hard drive and copying through ethernet to my other Windows XP machine kept giving me "delayed write failure". I mostly had mp3's and television shows to backup. I finally purchased a USB device from Targus. It was slow, but it worked. Took me a few days.
Last Monday I installed Windows 7 fresh.. format and install. I was so happy to have my computer back. Copying those files back to the machine was super fast some how using the same device. I was amazed. I installed all the updates, Flash, Firefox, and Avast.. you know usual stuff. Yay!
.... but one thing was wrong. Facebook would not load 99% of the time. Don't really know why. If Facebook did manage to load, then the games on it would not load most of the time.. apps.facebook.com.
I searched online.. some people said it was Adblock Plus in Firefox. So I uninstalled it. No luck. Tried uninstalling Avast. No luck. Tried Firefox Beta 14, Firefox 13, and Internet Explorer. No luck. Booted in Safe Mode with Networking no luck. Disabled Windows Firewall and IPV6. No luck. No luck.
Someone between all that I had asked for help on a few forums and even asked for help on Microsoft's website. I was surprised to talk to someone not from India, and not even to have to call in or even wait. Instant chat. He was quick and helpful with his suggestions and knowledgeable, but in the end could not help me.
This has been going on since Monday and driving me crazy. Every other website worked fine for me (well YouTube has lag issues, but then again a lot of people seem to get that so I wasn't too concerned there.. at least it did work). I could ping facebook.com just fine. Same with apps.facebook.com. Low pings under 20ms for all. Same thing with tracert. 12 hops and low times.
My Windows XP machine worked fine, but that's my Girlfriends computer, so I couldn't really use it.
When going to Facebook the browser just says "Connecting.." forever.
Comcast is of no help, because I get a good speed test when testing something close to me. So long as that was good they say "Well, that speed is good for the plan you are on".
I had no restore points to go back to.
I was one step away from copying all that 300GB of data over again and formatting and reinstalling. It's frustrating because I'm a computer tech. I've been fixing, repairing, building, for like 20 years now pretty much ever since I got my Dad got me a 286 and we opened it up.
Well, your website is where the happy ending comes in. I come here every now and then to run a speed test. I've used your TCP/IP Optimizer a few times before when I was on XP.
Came home from work and went here.. I think that cured my problem! I came to run a speed test, but then I thought.. why not try that analyzer and optimizer on my new Windows 7.
Soon as I ran the optimizer and rebooted, Facebook loaded instantly and fast. The one game I do play loaded as well. So far it's been working every time with no issues what so ever.
So, to whoever runs the site, made that software and analyzer, and to those of you who made it through my long winded story.. a HUGE THANKS!