Thread: House Investigates Obama Deal With Drug Companies

House Investigates Obama Deal With Drug Companies

House Investigates Obama Deal With Drug Companies

Where is the transparency? Back door deals, par for the course for politicians.

Something that nobody is realizing with Obamacare is the true cost. Something that cannot be estimated are the total hospital bills that will have to be paid by the government. You can somewhat estimate insurance premiums but there is no way to estimate the cost of hospital visits/stays etc. There is no way to estimate how many children people are going to have, if you are going to have a heart attack or get in a car accident. And they don't even know how many people are going to be covered by Obamacare. If you really don't think this is a ploy to bomb the economy you really need to "read between the lines".

There are SO MANY things that can be done to lower healthcare costs or even offer a extremely low rate insurance plan from the government for people who do not qualify or cannot afford other insurance, but to essentially force everyone to have Obamacare.... read between the lines.

That said Obamacare will insure far more people than currently are insured and doing so will limit the enormous amounts of money lost by hospitals due to people not paying from lack of insurance. At that point it can lead to lower costs for the patient due to that.

Nothing surprises me anymore. The powers that be have taken off the gloves and are going full speed ahead to destroy us and every possible economy they can. Never thought I'd see it in my lifetime, but it's looking to be just around the corner now.
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces people into thinking they can't lose. -Bill Gates

Roody, we already have Medicaid which covers the vast amount of people that are in the lower income/poverty level, if they aren't covered it's because they didn't apply for it. As for the many people that are jobless and currently cannot afford healthcare, fix the economy and they get a job then can afford insurance again. As for illegal aliens, get out of the country if you aren't here legally, because if you are illegal then you aren't paying taxes so you have no right to be covered by anyone.

Something you don't understand about healthcare that I see first hand every day, the people of the lower socioeconomic class use the emergency room as their primary care physician, something educated people do not do. When the ER is used in this respect, 9 times out of 10 they also use 911 because they have no transportation and think they will be seen faster going by ambulance, Medicaid or any other insurance does not pay for it because it is not a medical emergency. I'm sure Obamacare has this written in as well so it still will not be paid for. This is why emergency rooms are so over crowded with chronic medical problems or non emergencies that should be seen by a PCP or Doc in the Box and they cannot be turned down by the ER.

Quote Originally Posted by mnosteele52 View Post
    Roody, we already have Medicaid which covers the vast amount of people that are in the lower income/poverty level, if they aren't covered it's because they didn't apply for it. As for the many people that are jobless and currently cannot afford healthcare, fix the economy and they get a job then can afford insurance again. As for illegal aliens, get out of the country if you aren't here legally, because if you are illegal then you aren't paying taxes so you have no right to be covered by anyone.

Something you don't understand about healthcare that I see first hand every day, the people of the lower socioeconomic class use the emergency room as their primary care physician, something educated people do not do. When the ER is used in this respect, 9 times out of 10 they also use 911 because they have no transportation and think they will be seen faster going by ambulance, Medicaid or any other insurance does not pay for it because it is not a medical emergency. I'm sure Obamacare has this written in as well so it still will not be paid for. This is why emergency rooms are so over crowded with chronic medical problems or non emergencies that should be seen by a PCP or Doc in the Box and they cannot be turned down by the ER.
    I understand your point and I am aware of it. The point I am making and the point mentioned by those who support Obamacare is it will alleviate financial stress on hospitals. In return patients will see lower bills. As I mentioned in a past thread there is no question there will be an upfront cost, but the benefits long term is where Obamacare will be helpful.

As for illegal aliens I understand that point also, but that is what makes the United States so special. There is a moral code to it's citizens that knows turning away someone who desperately needs help is wrong. Just my own .02.

Roody, when they say it will alleviate financial stress on hospitals is pure BS, that's what they want you to think so you support it. But for the sake of argument let's say it does, all you are doing is robbing Peter to pay Paul. Think about it, all hospital bills are now paid in full, who's paying them? The government.... um I mean us the tax payer and since only 50% of Americans pay federal taxes how are you going to now pay for ALL of these hospital bills (which are astronomical) for every citizen on an already way over burdened tax system and country that is in financial collapse? Obama has already increased our debt more than any other President and this is going to do nothing but make the current debt look petty. He is making it look like he wants to help all Americans by providing this great healthcare when in reality he is bankrupting the country. Like I have said, healthcare needs to be reformed, there are SO MANY things that could be done to provide inexpensive affordable healthcare for all without Obamacare.

what do you think can be done?

Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    what do you think can be done?
    A few things I have always thought would have real effect on the cost are allowing the purchase of health insurance policies across state lines, this alone would increase the competition so much that everyone would be vying for your business the rates would drop dramatically. Stop frivolous lawsuits, the most expensive costs doctors have is liability insurance (both my sister and brother-in-law are ER doctors so I know first hand). Change the system so ER's are not used as primary care physicians. Offer a low cost government health insurance that most anyone can afford. Don't allow drug companies to have anything to do with politics, they are in cahoots with politicians.

Those are just a few off the top of my head. Something else that people are not factoring in is doctors, many people have the sense of entitlement and will use anything just because it's free (nothing is ever free someone somewhere is footing the bill, in this case it's us the law abiding tax paying citizen) and ER's and other doctors with be bombarded with new patients thus making the entire system WAY over burdened. Look what has happened in places in England, they put locks on the doors of the ER and it was like a bar with a bouncer letting people in. They did this because they could not see as many patients who were coming in and had to regulate it so they only saw the most serious, I know that is extreme but it is an example of what happens with government run healthcare. Why do you think people come here from Europe or Canada for healthcare, if their systems are so great why do they need to come to American to receive proper care?

I think the across state line idea would help with costs. I know that's been mentioned before. Perhaps the Republican party will come up with an actual idea to propose if Obamacare falls through. As for Canada I've talked to plenty of Canadians who think their system is far superior. That said one appeal to the us is our doctors. Our healthcare itself is nothing special, but we have great doctors.

And if you've been hospitalized lately, our great doctors are mostly NOT Americans. Seems most American doctors are leaving the system and being replaced with Indians, Pakistani's, and a few other cultures.
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces people into thinking they can't lose. -Bill Gates