Thread: Comcast Business Class smc modem/ router connecting and setup instruction help needed

Comcast Business Class smc modem/ router connecting and setup instruction help needed

[SIZE=5]Just upgraded my ISP to Comcast Business class they provided me a smc modem/router with 4 port on a back of the modem/router.. what i am trying to do is hookup my 4 business computers and my phones, tablets, etc with Belkin N300 router which I had disabled the DHCP and used it as Access point with IP 10.1.10.254 and Subnet mask to 255.255.255.0 on port 1 of smc modem/router so all my computer are having IP from smc modem/router it looks like 10.1.10.10, 11 , 12 -199 and so on and all my computer are using workgroup for networking and sharing files....

Now my question is I want to let my customer/public/employee use wireless but I don't want my customer/public/employee see my business computers and shared files... can I add another Belkin router n150 and disable the DHCP and use as Access point with IP 10.1.10.253 and connect to port #2 of smc modem/router would that conflict ip address from public and personal or do i need to get an static ip from comcast for all my business and personal needs and dynamic for public? please advice me the correct methods also I am planning to put several access point around my building for public use currently i have about 5-6 belkin routers/Access points....

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Get a business grade access point that supports multiple SSIDs and specifically a feature called "Client Isolation" for guest networks.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!