Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Osama bin Laden operation, Part Two

Quote Originally Posted by mnosteele52 View Post
    Show me one thread where I gave someone a pass when blasting another for the same thing?
    I'm fully aware of your inability to read links after the last time I posted a couple, but what the heck. Here ya go. It was covered many times in that thread. Feel free to read it again if you wish. You gave Bush a pass for doing the same thing Obama did regarding the banking and auto industry.

http://forums.speedguide.net/showthr...after-election

You are EXACTLY like the liberal media, you take one excerpt of a quote and take it COMPLETELY out of context then twist it around trying to make your point valid..... I call that lying therefore you are a liar, period.
    Like I said earlier. You got no credibility here so your weak attempt to insult literally does nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    I'm fully aware of your inability to read links after the last time I posted a couple, but what the heck. Here ya go. It was covered many times in that thread. Feel free to read it again if you wish. You gave Bush a pass for doing the same thing Obama did regarding the banking and auto industry.

Like I said earlier. You got no credibility here so your weak attempt to insult literally does nothing.
    ********, I did not give Bush a pass, you apparently have NO reading comprehension skills:

Obama and the rest of the government needs to keep out of the private sector and let capitalism take it's course, that is how the economy recovers, not by government control and government spending. Stop bailing out Wall Street, the banks, the auto industry and everyone else.
    The difference is I never heard of Bush trying to have control of the entities that he gave money to, Obama has tried to control all of these entities with his policies, trying to tell the private sector what they can and cannot do with the money they earned.
    I NEVER backtracked. Bush did not want control over the industry, he was trying to help it. I disagree with both, the government has no business interfering with the private sector like that. Obama wanted to control the industry, just as he wants to control the banking industry (he made companies take money that did not want or need it) and healthcare. All are the infrastructures of our economy, he wants to control them all.
    Just a hint since you cannot read very well, the parts in bold are the important parts, do you see where I stated I disagree with both that the government has no business interfering with the private industry like that, if i disagree with both, both meaning Bush and Obama, how am I giving Bush a pass?

I have stated MANY times here at SG that the government, Republican or Democratic, has no business bailing out and controlling the private sector as they do, so once again, where did I give Bush a pass and not Obama??????????????????

BULLS&%T, I did not give Bush a pass, you apparently have NO reading comprehension skills:

Obama and the rest of the government needs to keep out of the private sector and let capitalism take it's course, that is how the economy recovers, not by government control and government spending. Stop bailing out Wall Street, the banks, the auto industry and everyone else.
    The difference is I never heard of Bush trying to have control of the entities that he gave money to, Obama has tried to control all of these entities with his policies, trying to tell the private sector what they can and cannot do with the money they earned.
    I NEVER backtracked. Bush did not want control over the industry, he was trying to help it. I disagree with both, the government has no business interfering with the private sector like that. Obama wanted to control the industry, just as he wants to control the banking industry (he made companies take money that did not want or need it) and healthcare. All are the infrastructures of our economy, he wants to control them all.
    Just a hint since you cannot read very well, the parts in bold are the important parts, do you see where I stated I disagree with both that the government has no business interfering with the private industry like that, if i disagree with both, both meaning Bush and Obama, how am I giving Bush a pass?

I have stated MANY times here at SG that the government, Republican or Democratic, has no business bailing out and controlling the private sector as they do, so once again, where did I give Bush a pass and not Obama??????????????????

BULLS&%T, I did not give Bush a pass, you apparently have NO reading comprehension skills:

Like I said. You can't read. That was proven the last time I posted numerous links. You didn't get it then and you don't get it now. The point is your little thread here was stupid. Obama took credit for the death of Bin Laden, but as it's been noted he also offered up praise to the Seals who got the job done. You whining about a President taking credit for making a call as if that isn't done by every President is just another example of how out of touch with reality you are.

As for your last question I have answered it over and over and linked to it. Playing dumb doesn't change the fact it's right there to be seen. The way I see it there is nothing else to be said that hasn't already been said to you by others and myself.

You are EXACTLY like the liberal media...
    Yes because its only the liberal media that does that.

Like I said. You can't read. That was proven the last time I posted numerous links. You didn't get it then and you don't get it now. The point is your little thread here was stupid. Obama took credit for the death of Bin Laden, but as it's been noted he also offered up praise to the Seals who got the job done. You whining about a President taking credit for making a call as if that isn't done by every President is just another example of how out of touch with reality you are.

The way I see it there is nothing else to be said that hasn't already been said to you by others and myself.
    Blah, blah, blah.

Can you change it so that I can ignore you because nothing you say means squat to me?

Blah, blah, blah.

Can you change it so that I can ignore you because nothing you say means squat to me?
    So now you want me to do all your work for you? You are capable of ignoring me whether the feature on SG is there to help you or not.

Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces people into thinking they can't lose. -Bill Gates

Quote Originally Posted by blebs View Post
    That is a great skit.

In a dry but moldy New Orleans, Louisiana
    On the flip side of this, if the mission would have failed somehow, the American public would have figured out a way to lay the entire failure on him.
    Sliding down the banister of life ..........................

Quote Originally Posted by RoundEye View Post
    On the flip side of this, if the mission would have failed somehow, the American public would have figured out a way to lay the entire failure on him.
    As petty and unreasonable as mnosteele has been about Obama I'm honestly surprised he didn't voice disappointment that Bin Laden was caught since Obama is President.

Blog Entries
    The unbridled contempt that the GOP has for Obama, even surpasses what they had for Clinton. It is clear that his opposition will not work with him, for fear of allowing him any credit for success. Mind you, I am not in love with our current Commander in Chief.

Of course Obama is not personally responsible for the demise of bin-Laden, however his survival brings into question the former president's desire to see him brought to justice.

As an aside..... It hurts to see these topics turn personal. You are all great people in my book.

Hell_Yes

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity - Seneca

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Former" SEALS. Just wanted to make that distinction.

I want to see Obama take credit for his Presidential assassination program which lead to the death of Anwar al-Awlaki who was an American citizen living in Yemen. Now THAT would be campaign worthy! And I guarantee that you wont ever hear Romney bring it up either. You should be asking why.

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JawZ View Post
    "Former" SEALS. Just wanted to make that distinction.

I want to see Obama take credit for his Presidential assassination program which lead to the death of Anwar al-Awlaki who was an American citizen living in Yemen. Now THAT would be campaign worthy! And I guarantee that you wont ever hear Romney bring it up either. You should be asking why.
    It would play well in the sticks. "Yep, some people NEED killin'"

Hell_Yes

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Serving and former US Navy SEALs have slammed President Barack Obama for taking the credit for killing Osama bin Laden and accused him of using Special Forces operators as ‘ammunition’ for his re-election campaign.
    Serving and former seems to cover active and past... Of course the source is not msnbc...

Blog Entries
    Leaders typically take credit of their stewards

Hell_Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Serving and former seems to cover active and past... Of course the source is not msnbc...

No serving SEAL is mentioned and for good reason. They won't tarnish their integrity by disparaging the POTUS as SEALS. They may do it in private when not in an official capacity but to do it as a SEAL would only invite UCMJ action which is exactly what happened recently to a Marine who earned himself a discharge when he publicly commented on the POTUS. That's why in the article, you only read one singular mention of a serving SEAL who is not named. There are multiple references to former SEALS and by name but not an active duty SEAL. That leads me to doubt that active SEAL's comment as genuine.

As for the credit, yeah, Obama gets to take it. He took on a huge risk by authorizing it because Bin Laden was inside a sovereign country (Pakistan) and operated without their knowledge or consent. If the OP went south and it almost did with the crash of the chopper, all responsibility would have fallen on his shoulders. IF you recall, Pakistan wasn't exactly happy with our OP inside their own country.

I want to see Obama gone just as much as anyone else, but again, this anger of the GOP is misplaced.

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

I kind of feel sorry for this sad excuse of a president...........not.
    He doesn't have anything to run on so guess what, "I killed Osama, I killed Osama" all over again.
    Do you think if we had an adult in the white house this would be going on ?
    I Hope He Fails

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Miggs View Post
    I kind of feel sorry for this sad excuse of a president...........not.
    He doesn't have anything to run on so guess what, "I killed Osama, I killed Osama" all over again.
    Do you think if we had an adult in the white house this would be going on ?
    The funny thing is, he will probably be reelected. It is all in that signature of yours. A large segment of America is ready to believe the Obama is facing obstruction, rather than compromise. The GOP has but one goal and that is to beat Barack Obama. G-d forbid should anything go right that he might assume any measure of credit. Do not worry, sir, there is a large number of people ready to claim their credit for nothing done. But hey, look at Wall Street. The economy is working for someone.

Hell_Yes