Thread: Trying to use Linksys E2500 with Comtrend CT5361T asdl- Help Please

Trying to use Linksys E2500 with Comtrend CT5361T asdl- Help Please

First let me apologize for my ignorance on this subject, with that being said I have a ISP supplied Comtrend 5361 (I assume is modem/router combo unit). It is working, however I now have a laptop and a desktop, two ipads, directv whole home dvr (4units) all wirelessly connected as well as an xbox 360 connected via wired. I thought it would be beneficial to upgrade my router to a Linksys E2500 unit. I can't however get the connection right.
    I assume the Contrend is a combo unit as it is connected to my phone jack directly, obviously the Linksys will not do this, so I thought maintaining the Comtrend connection as is and then connecting the Linksys to it via ethernet cable would work (it doesn't). When running the connection software for the Linksys it does not find the network connection, nor does the green light illuminate on the router internet connection.
    Everything I have read has suggested this is possible and correctly connected, however I am obviously missing something, can anyone advise me on what I am missing.
    Thanks in advance.

!!!Your Computer-You Just Dont Know It YeT!!!

I agree

[QUOTE=smithmr;2400400]First let me apologize for my ignorance on this subject, with that being said I have a ISP supplied Comtrend 5361 (I assume is modem/router combo unit). It is working, however I now have a laptop and a desktop, two ipads, directv whole home dvr (4units) all wirelessly connected as well as an xbox 360 connected via wired. I thought it would be beneficial to upgrade my router to a Linksys E2500 unit. I can't however get the connection right.
    I assume the Contrend is a combo unit as it is connected to my phone jack directly, obviously the Linksys will not do this, so I thought maintaining the Comtrend connection as is and then connecting the Linksys to it via ethernet cable would work (it doesn't). When running the connection software for the Linksys it does not find the network connection, nor does the green light illuminate on the router internet connection.
    Everything I have read has suggested this is possible and correctly connected, however I am obviously missing something, can anyone advise me on what I am missing.
    Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE I AGRE
    !!!What Man Can Make
    Man Can Brake!!!

Windows XP ( Service Pack 2 )
    Pentium 4 (3) GHz
    2.00 GB of RAM

** Zone Allarm Pro
    ** AVG Anti Virus
    ** Cookie Wall
    ** Pop Up Stopper
    ** Spy Bot
    ** Spy Ware Blasster
    ** Add Aware se Pro
    ** Ccleaner
    ** Clean Up
    ** Port Bloacker
    ** Tweek UI WIn XP
    ** Port Scanner

Dialup 56k
    DialUp-Syd.IPrimus....56k(Motorola internal Modem)