Thread: internet sharing over a distance of 100m

internet sharing over a distance of 100m

hello everyone

right to the point of what i want to achieve and background behind it.

i live in a static caravan on a farm 100m (ish) away from the lanline outdoor BT lan box in an external farm toilet. what i would like to do is have my pc, console and wireless iphone connect to the internet at the same time.

Is it possible to have a wireless and lan switch(hub) in my lounge in my caravan connected to my router (port 1 for example) via 80-100m ethernet cable and then the router (back port) connect to the BT outdoor house lan box (equivilant to the BT lan white box on the wall in the house)

what products would i need to achieve this?
    (i currently have a netgear router i bought under 2 years ago now and a 80m outdoor ethernet cable)

my current set up is. from the static caravan a 60m ethernet cable connected to the router (in a work shop) the router in turn connected to a BT white box lan (the one seen on the wall in a house) that lan cable then runs 30m ish (talk about internet speed drop off) to the outdoor BT lan box in the external toilet :- this set up provides me with a 800kbs connect currently and i have roughly 1.2mbps drop off from the whole network run.

hope i've explained this well, as its not my strong point.

what ever infomation you can provide will be gladly accepted and appreciated

thanks, liam

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    You can use some point to point wireless bridges to extend the signal out to the outhouse.

If the outhouse has power, you can utilize ethernet over powerline adapters.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    You can use some point to point wireless bridges to extend the signal out to the outhouse.

If the outhouse has power, you can utilize ethernet over powerline adapters.
    powerline adapters is something i had not thought off. how do they function? do you plug one of the adapters one side of and the plug the second adapter in the caravan and just recieve a signal "just like that?"

how much interferance would i get if i run extentions off of a single plug in the caravan?