Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Obama tells Medvedev he'll have 'more flexibility' after election

Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    As for government health care, Obamacare has individual mandates which will require insurance for american citizens. The upside to this is the hospitals and by extension the tax payers will not have to assume the debt of those who aren't covered. Instead although the cost upfront will be there it will be recovered by bringing down overall costs that otherwise have been there previously due to the uninsured.
    Roody, I'll explain in a very simple sentence about requiring healthcare.

IT'S UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

Get it?

It's my choice. and Yes, I pay for my own policy for my family "out of pocket". But it's my choice!

Could I take a risk for a year and save enough money for a down payment on a house or something in that nature? For some healthly young people (ages 20-30) that's a good risk if they are healthy. Let them have that choice.

I'll ask you this? Do you support the "Right to Die" meaning either suicide or a DNR will?

Because if you do then it's a bit hypocritical to make someone pay for healthcare if that's their wish to die.

Furthermore, this healthcare mandate is a step in the wrong direction to remove people from governement assistance. If they are on assistance now you give them less of a reason to get off of it. SO they get a job and get off assistance and now you require them to pay for healthcare they got for free before? Why would they get off governement assistance if they have to work and it costs them more?

This is the direction Obama wants. To get people dependent on the government for everything.

A note on the staying under parents health insurance until age 26. I support it but you have to realize when you talk with the generation that is taking advantage of this how they think. They say...Obama did a great job because now I can have MY PARENTS pay for my insurance until I'm 26. Who do you think is going to pay for it when they are 26? Not them. They have little work ethic in this new generation. I see it every day at my work.

Just my opinion.
    Last edited by SlyOneDoofy; 04-11-12 at 01:15 AM.
    Nutty like squirrel terds!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SlyOneDoofy View Post
    Roody, I'll explain in a very simple sentence about requiring healthcare.

IT'S UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

Get it?

It's my choice. and Yes, I pay for my own policy for my family "out of pocket". But it's my choice!

Could I take a risk for a year and save enough money for a down payment on a house or something in that nature? For some healthly young people (ages 20-30) that's a good risk if they are healthy. Let them have that choice.

I'll ask you this? Do you support the "Right to Die" meaning either suicide or a DNR will?

Because if you do then it's a bit hypocritical to make someone pay for healthcare if that's their wish to die.

Furthermore, this healthcare mandate is a step in the wrong direction to remove people from governement assistance. If they are on assistance now you give them less of a reason to get off of it. SO they get a job and get off assistance and now you require them to pay for healthcare they got for free before? Why would they get off governement assistance if they have to work and it costs them more?

This is the direction Obama wants. To get people dependent on the government for everything.

A note on the staying under parents health insurance until age 26. I support it but you have to realize when you talk with the generation that is taking advantage of this how they think. They say...Obama did a great job because now I can have MY PARENTS pay for my insurance until I'm 26. Who do you think is going to pay for it when they are 26? Not them. They have little work ethic in this new generation. I see it every day at my work.

Just my opinion.

The constitutionality is what will be decided by the Supreme Court. My reasoning for the support of this bill has been noted already in this thread and it's not limited to just kids staying on their parents insurance until 26. As for assisted suicide no I am not a supporter. I am however a consistent life supporter which means I oppose abortion and I oppose the death penalty.

It's what the puppet is told to do. Yes, they will slowly choke everyone into government submission. It's already begun.

The American Dream
    Waking People Up And Getting Them To Realize That The American Dream Is Quickly Becoming The American Nightmare
    Last edited by blebs; 04-11-12 at 08:59 AM.
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces people into thinking they can't lose. -Bill Gates

The constitutionality is what will be decided by the Supreme Court. My reasoning for the support of this bill has been noted already in this thread and it's not limited to just kids staying on their parents insurance until 26. As for assisted suicide no I am not a supporter. I am however a consistent life supporter which means I oppose abortion and I oppose the death penalty.
    My biggest concern with the supreme court is that the decision outcome should be 9-0. For or against. They need to put politics aside and not listen to a president who tells them that they shouldn't challenge him or congress.

If something like this passes I can see a very different future for this country. Lets say you are obese. Since we now have government required health insurance the government get to tell you what and when to eat to "cut costs". Maybe they'll put us on a diet of soylent green.

You have rights, I have rights. Lets not infringe upon them.

Again, my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by blebs View Post
    It's what the puppet is told to do. Yes, they will slowly choke everyone into government submission. It's already begun.

The American Dream
    Waking People Up And Getting Them To Realize That The American Dream Is Quickly Becoming The American Nightmare
    I agree with you 100% blebs.

My biggest concern with the supreme court is that the decision outcome should be 9-0. For or against. They need to put politics aside and not listen to a president who tells them that they shouldn't challenge him or congress.

If something like this passes I can see a very different future for this country. Lets say you are obese. Since we now have government required health insurance the government get to tell you what and when to eat to "cut costs". Maybe they'll put us on a diet of soylent green.

You have rights, I have rights. Lets not infringe upon them.

Again, my opinion.
    a presidency was decided by a 5-4 supreme court vote. I agree a 9-0 would be nice, but it won't happen no matter who is in the oval office.

a presidency was decided by a 5-4 supreme court vote. I agree a 9-0 would be nice, but it won't happen no matter who is in the oval office.
    It shouldn't matter who is in office. That's my point. Decisions made on the constitution should be obvious. One decision like this gives the government broader power to mess with us.

Was it jefferson that said......Those willing to give up liberty to gain security.....deserve neither?

Let me make my life. You can eat soylent green.

It shouldn't matter who is in office. That's my point. Decisions made on the constitution should be obvious. One decision like this gives the government broader power to mess with us.

Was it jefferson that said......Those willing to give up liberty to gain security.....deserve neither?

Let me make my life. You can eat soylent green.
    Agree to disagree. Not every issue that comes in front of the supreme court has an obvious decision. Even this issue here is debatable. You think its unconstitutional and I don't. I've read the constitution and I imagine you have also. Its that differing view that requires the courts to have those kind of odd numbers because what may seem obvious to you or I isn't always the case for someone else.

The government forcing individuals to purchase insurance is unconstitutional period. There are parts of that law that are good and parts that are really really bad. I say scrap the whole thing and send it back for a redo.
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces people into thinking they can't lose. -Bill Gates

Quote Originally Posted by mnosteele52 View Post
    NOTHING the government runs is financially successful.
    Well what do you know. The Government did run something that was financially successful.

Collectively, these programsócarried out by both a Republican and a Democratic administrationówere effective in preventing the collapse of the financial system, in restarting economic growth, and in restoring access to credit and capital. They were well-designed and carefully managed. Because of this, we were able to limit the broader economic and financial damage.

http://bottomline.msnbc.msn.com/_new...sury-says?lite

FWIW I'm just busting your chops mnosteele. Everyone at some point or another makes a statement that doesn't end up being accurate. I'd be a hypocrite to imply otherwise. It's all in good fun. I respect you man even if we disagree on some issues.

You call that successful? TARP was and is a bust from the get go.

I will Judge Napolitano speak, he says it better than me.

Quote Originally Posted by mnosteele52 View Post
    You call that successful? TARP was and is a bust from the get go.

I will Judge Napolitano speak, he says it better than me.

we are making money from it. Of course its a success in spite of what a fox news analyst may or may not say.