Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 73

Thread: Obama tells Medvedev he'll have 'more flexibility' after election

  1. #21
    Elite Member blebs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    North Canton, Ohio
    Posts
    12,848
    Some day you guys will get it. What I'm not understanding is, why your not getting it now. Can't see the forest for the trees?
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces people into thinking they can't lose. -Bill Gates

  2. #22
    Moderator Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    30,872
    Quote Originally Posted by blebs View Post
    Some day you guys will get it. What I'm not understanding is, why your not getting it now. Can't see the forest for the trees?
    see post #10

  3. #23
    Elite Member blebs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    North Canton, Ohio
    Posts
    12,848
    Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    see post #10
    Read the Naked Communist and tell me how many of the goals have been achieved. This guy, who we know absolutely nothing about, gets elected, tosses the constitution out the window and starts dictating what our laws and mandates are going to be. All behind closed doors and in secret. Where is the transparency he so vehemently said would be? If you noticed his language when speaking with Medvedev he didn't say, "the election" he said "my election."

    The Executive, Legislative and Judicial branches or checks and balances are no more.

    You have George Soros and company running this country whether you want to believe it or not. What are HIS goals? Only thing standing in his way right now is Germany.

    Bilderberg participants reach a form of consensus about what is to be done, they have at their disposal powerful transnational and national instruments for bringing about what it is they want to come to pass. That their consensus design is not always achieved is a reflection of the strength of competing resisting forces outside the capitalist ruling class and within it.
    Last edited by blebs; 03-28-12 at 08:59 AM.
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces people into thinking they can't lose. -Bill Gates

  4. #24
    Moderator Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    30,872
    Quote Originally Posted by blebs View Post
    Read the Naked Communist and tell me how many of the goals have been achieved. This guy, who we know absolutely nothing about, gets elected, tosses the constitution out the window and starts dicatating what our laws and mandates are going to be. All behind closed doors and in secret. Where is the transparency he so vehemently said would be? If you noticed his language when speaking with Medvedev he didn't say, "the election" he said "my election."

    The Executive, Legislative and Judicial branches or checks and balances are no more.

    You have George Soros and company running this country whether you want to believe it or not. What are HIS goals?
    Honestly, none of this remark you just made even addresses the question I asked. mnosteele and you both claimed socialism. For whatever reason mnosteele bailed out of this conversation once he was asked to answer why two policies that started with Bush don't make him a socialist, but they do make Obama one. I'm just curious on what is your example/s of Obama being a socialist and don't you think socialist groups as a whole would love to have a U.S. President agreeing with them? Like YoS clearly pointed out socialist groups themselves even point out his policies aren't socialist. So with that in mind what makes him a socialist and if you go the auto and bank route do me a favor and also answer whether you think that makes Bush a socialist also.

  5. #25
    Elite Member blebs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    North Canton, Ohio
    Posts
    12,848
    Roody every president, regardless of party affiliations, are mere puppets of those who really run this country. Their goals are of one nature. To bring about a One World Government and One World Currency. How do you go about doing that. Take a hard look at whats been happening over the past 20 or more years. It's been a slow beginning, but the pace in the last 3 years has hastened. Germany isn't playing ball just yet. They will be forced to sooner or later. Once they're out of the way, they can destroy what's left of the economies and bring about the change they want. Look at the division of this country now and that of others. This is exactly what they want. Absolute chaos and economical disasters.

    I know you think I'm nuts, but time will tell.
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces people into thinking they can't lose. -Bill Gates

  6. #26
    Moderator Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    30,872
    Quote Originally Posted by blebs View Post
    Roody every president, regardless of party affiliations, are mere puppets of those who really run this country. Their goals are of one nature. To bring about a One World Government and One World Currency. How do you go about doing that. Take a hard look at whats been happening over the past 20 or more years. It's been a slow beginning, but the pace in the last 3 years has hastened. Germany isn't playing ball just yet. They will be forced to sooner or later. Once they're out of the way, they can destroy what's left of the economies and bring about the change they want. Look at the division of this country now and that of others. This is exactly what they want. Absolute chaos and economical disasters.

    I know you think I'm nuts, but time will tell.
    I don't think your nuts I just disagree that the President is a socialist. I do agree with you that both parties are the problem and I also think the Supreme Court's decision not to take a more firm stance on campaign finance will be the undoing of any impact the average person can have on their government. We are seeing that impact now with the influence of just a couple people can have on who is getting elected.

  7. #27
    Second Most EVIL YARDofSTUF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    69,906
    Quote Originally Posted by blebs View Post
    Some day you guys will get it. What I'm not understanding is, why your not getting it now. Can't see the forest for the trees?
    Nothing has changed, our country is run by people from money, or people that the oens with money like. Laws are put in place by lobbyist paid for by companies with money.

    No ones gonna change it because we the people are fighting with ourselves over what party is right, though only after we are done talking about American Idol, Dancing with the Stars, and whats going on with the Kardashians.


    Btw, did you see the finale for The Walking Dead? Like omg, totally awesome and stuff!

  8. #28
    Dr Tweak mnosteele52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Chesapeake, VA
    Posts
    11,914
    Roody, you are the one who did not answer questions, not myself. You asked why I think he is a Socialist and what he has done that falls under the definition of Socialism. I answered "Socialism is when the government controls everything and divides it among the people. Let's see, Obama now has government ownership in the banking industry, car manufacturing industry, energy industry and his biggest - control of healthcare." and you answered back that Bush started the bailouts. Yes Bush stated some of the bailouts but not all and had NOTHING to do with Obamacare, the worst thing to ever happen to this country. The difference is I never heard of Bush trying to have control of the entities that he gave money to, Obama has tried to control all of these entities with his policies, trying to tell the private sector what they can and cannot do with the money they earned. Look at the whole Occupy Wall Street.... who's behind it all...... George Soros...... who's Obama's puppet master?...... Soros. How can you not see that? Start reading about who started Occupy Wall Street and it ALL ties back to Soros and so does Obama. Blebs is 100% correct, the President is a puppet and right now the puppet master is Soros, which is very scary.

  9. #29
    Moderator Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    30,872
    Quote Originally Posted by mnosteele52 View Post
    Roody, you are the one who did not answer questions, not myself. You asked why I think he is a Socialist and what he has done that falls under the definition of Socialism. I answered "Socialism is when the government controls everything and divides it among the people. Let's see, Obama now has government ownership in the banking industry, car manufacturing industry, energy industry and his biggest - control of healthcare." and you answered back that Bush started the bailouts. Yes Bush stated some of the bailouts but not all and had NOTHING to do with Obamacare, the worst thing to ever happen to this country. The difference is I never heard of Bush trying to have control of the entities that he gave money to, Obama has tried to control all of these entities with his policies, trying to tell the private sector what they can and cannot do with the money they earned. Look at the whole Occupy Wall Street.... who's behind it all...... George Soros...... who's Obama's puppeteer?...... Soros. How can you not see that? Start reading about who started Occupy Wall Street and it ALL ties back to Soros and so does Obama. Blebs is 100% correct, the President is a puppet and right now the puppeteer is Soros, which is very scary.
    Your answer is contradictory. You state the bailout is proof of Obama's socialism, but it's not proof that Bush is one. That makes literally no sense at all due to the fact Bush implemented it and agreed with Obama's continuation of it. Your argument although one I disagree with (As do socialist groups themselves) would be more believable if you hadn't made the bank and auto bailout such a key part of your argument.

    As for the other I have in no way deflected your questions and I have no need too. Every President is beholden to people that contribute to their presidency. Obama is unfortunately no different in that matter then Bush, Clinton or Bush again.

  10. #30
    Moderator Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    30,872
    Quote Originally Posted by mnosteele52 View Post
    Roody, you are the one who did not answer questions, not myself. You asked why I think he is a Socialist and what he has done that falls under the definition of Socialism. I answered "Socialism is when the government controls everything and divides it among the people. Let's see, Obama now has government ownership in the banking industry, car manufacturing industry, energy industry and his biggest - control of healthcare." .
    That definition of socialism you offered up is not what is happening here. The advantages of one group over the other are substantial and hardly evidence of socialism.

  11. #31
    Dr Tweak mnosteele52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Chesapeake, VA
    Posts
    11,914
    You don't get it and never will, I'm done here. Many of you here argued with me 4 years ago about Obama and I stand by everything I said then. This country is FAR worse off that it was 4 years ago because of one person.... Obama, and all of you still support and defend him. I value many of you as intelligent people that it why I cannot fathom why you can't see it, HE IS RUINING THIS COUNTRY AS WE KNOW IT!

  12. #32
    Moderator Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    30,872
    Quote Originally Posted by mnosteele52 View Post
    You don't get it and never will, I'm done here. Many of you here argued with me 4 years ago about Obama and I stand by everything I said then. This country is FAR worse off that it was 4 years ago because of one person.... Obama, and all of you still support and defend him. I value many of you as intelligent people that it why I cannot fathom why you can't see it, HE IS RUINING THIS COUNTRY AS WE KNOW IT!
    I will be honest I don't get your complaint. The health care plan would allow for parents to keep children on their plans up till 26. It would prevent a person being turned down for insurance due to a pre-existing condition. Even the individual mandate which people complain about makes it so costs aren't passed on to others for someone else's hosptial bill. In what way does that ruin this country? It saves money and lives. It's not perfect, but it's hardly ruining this country. In fact in the case of this little girl it would greatly help her. http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/27/health...aps/index.html

    I am always open to differing views. Ask anyone here who has been a member since the beginning. I was at one time a Republican, but changed parties. Clearly I can be convinced if a compelling argument occurs. If you don't want to debate that's fine man, but I can assure you that my decisions are based on a lot of research and not because Obama supports something.

  13. #33
    Second Most EVIL YARDofSTUF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    69,906
    Quote Originally Posted by mnosteele52 View Post
    You don't get it and never will, I'm done here. Many of you here argued with me 4 years ago about Obama and I stand by everything I said then. This country is FAR worse off that it was 4 years ago because of one person.... Obama, and all of you still support and defend him. I value many of you as intelligent people that it why I cannot fathom why you can't see it, HE IS RUINING THIS COUNTRY AS WE KNOW IT!

    Ya its all Obama, cuz congress never comes up with bad bills and such.

  14. #34
    Elite Member blebs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    North Canton, Ohio
    Posts
    12,848
    No need to debate. Simply read.

    http://blog.chron.com/lorensteffy/20...t-considering/

    http://www.theatlantic.com/business/...trophe/255096/

    In a gridlocked system, things will race out of control even before those regulators most eager to clamp down can respond.

    We had to take precipitous action to deal with the 2008 economic crisis, in the form of hasty and massive bailouts. We had no choice. But I, for one, would have delayed the expansion of the healthcare system in a gridlocked environment. Yes, we need to solve the healthcare problem. But it is far too dangerous to make an abrupt policy change and put in place a system where costs can spiral out of control and become locked in place until bankruptcy sets us free.

    The estimated cost of the Affordable Care Act — Obamacare — has risen from $940 billion at the time the law was passed to $1.76 trillion, according to the Congressional Budget Office. Some experts believe that as a result of the act millions of American’s will be pushed off private insurance rolls and into Medicaid. If such a program becomes embedded in our system, it will be very difficult to dislodge — with dire economic consequences.
    Ah hem, planned destruction of the U.S. economy.
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces people into thinking they can't lose. -Bill Gates

  15. #35
    Moderator Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    30,872
    Quote Originally Posted by blebs View Post
    No need to debate. Simply read.

    http://blog.chron.com/lorensteffy/20...t-considering/

    http://www.theatlantic.com/business/...trophe/255096/



    Ah hem, planned destruction of the U.S. economy.
    To which I will point out post #32 and ask the same question. How is providing that kind of support a terrible thing?

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by mnosteele52 View Post
    You don't get it and never will, I'm done here. Many of you here argued with me 4 years ago about Obama and I stand by everything I said then. This country is FAR worse off that it was 4 years ago because of one person.... Obama, and all of you still support and defend him. I value many of you as intelligent people that it why I cannot fathom why you can't see it, HE IS RUINING THIS COUNTRY AS WE KNOW IT!
    The only group ruining America...are we the people because we ALLOW it.

    Obama is currently wrecking it with government control (although far more insidious than what anyone can fathom here). If the GOP were in power, they would co-opt the republic to the corporations that keep them in power as they have in the past...and those corporations aren't willing to share power with anyone. So on each end of the spectrum, we're screwed.

    Government control vs corporate control. The grand delusion is that "we" are in control. When the people finally "get it", we'll have our own version of an Arab spring.

    ...formerly the omnipotent UOD

  17. #37
    Elite Member blebs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    North Canton, Ohio
    Posts
    12,848
    Quote Originally Posted by JawZ View Post
    The only group ruining America...are we the people because we ALLOW it.

    Obama is currently wrecking it with government control (although far more insidious than what anyone can fathom here). If the GOP were in power, they would co-opt the republic to the corporations that keep them in power as they have in the past...and those corporations aren't willing to share power with anyone. So on each end of the spectrum, we're screwed.

    Government control vs corporate control. The grand delusion is that "we" are in control. When the people finally "get it", we'll have our own version of an Arab spring.
    Thank you!
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces people into thinking they can't lose. -Bill Gates

  18. #38
    Dr Tweak mnosteele52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Chesapeake, VA
    Posts
    11,914
    Quote Originally Posted by JawZ View Post
    The only group ruining America...are we the people because we ALLOW it.

    Obama is currently wrecking it with government control (although far more insidious than what anyone can fathom here). If the GOP were in power, they would co-opt the republic to the corporations that keep them in power as they have in the past...and those corporations aren't willing to share power with anyone. So on each end of the spectrum, we're screwed.

    Government control vs corporate control. The grand delusion is that "we" are in control. When the people finally "get it", we'll have our own version of an Arab spring.
    Amen

  19. #39
    Moderator YeOldeStonecat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Posts
    50,418
    Quote Originally Posted by JawZ View Post
    So on each end of the spectrum, we're screwed.

    Government control vs corporate control. The grand delusion is that "we" are in control. When the people finally "get it", we'll have our own version of an Arab spring.
    Yup!
    I'm historically Republican. However, I've always been a believer in having Dems at the helm at some frequency..to help offset things. And visa versa. To prevent one party from having too much power and sink its roots in too far.

    Looking back we've we've enjoyed good times with Dems at the helm...I enjoyed the Clinton years. And I've enjoyed good times under Repubs of course...heck, I don't think anything can top the Reagan years...and I thought Bush senior years were smooth sailing too!

    But I was getting tired of the downhill trend of 2 terms of Bush junior...and at first thought it would be a good idea to get a Dem in for a term. But wow...I'd never have expected this kind of plummeting of things.

    And look at the garbage both sides are gathering for us to vote in soon....yeah, "We're screwed on each end of the spectrum" again!
    How do we NOT allow it to happen?
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

  20. #40
    Elite Member blebs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    North Canton, Ohio
    Posts
    12,848
    Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    How do we NOT allow it to happen?
    That's just it. In the grand scheme of things, there is nothing we can really do about it.
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces people into thinking they can't lose. -Bill Gates

Similar Threads

  1. Teleprompter tells Obama to thank himself
    By Prey521 in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-14-09, 10:46 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-05-08, 07:56 AM
  3. Don't do what the cop tells ya
    By Chris in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-04-05, 08:23 AM
  4. Something tells me..
    By Roody in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-08-03, 02:52 PM
  5. Is there a program which tells
    By person in forum General Broadband Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-19-03, 05:54 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •