Thread: Assistive device

Assistive device

Hey guys my son has an assitive device called a dynavox v . it is one of those old tablet type pc's with only a touch screen. It is a fully functional windows computer but it will only load into the assistive speech software on the pc and I cannot access any other feature I.E. turn on the wireless. this would make adding things to his device so much easier than swapping memsticks...... can anyone help me not this?

thanks
    this equipment list isnt current please ignore MSI kt7 133amobo,AMD Athalon 1Ghz g3Ti200 Pro td 128, 1gig pc133, 2 40gig hd, wireless network,dlink,HP Photsmart 7150,Kodak easyshare ls433 camera,Dazzle dvd creation station 200...... windows XP sp1+more to follow

No one has any right to force data on you
    and command you to believe it or else.
    If it is not true for you, it isn't true.

LRH

yeah ..they charge a nominal fee to tell me over the phone how to unlock it.... so I hope you can see my conundrum..... I can get to the windows screen and can even boot into safe mode per sea but there are no icon and cannot pull up the start menu...... i hate to say it but i bet is is just a password that i have to pay 65.00 for.......hate that
    this equipment list isnt current please ignore MSI kt7 133amobo,AMD Athalon 1Ghz g3Ti200 Pro td 128, 1gig pc133, 2 40gig hd, wireless network,dlink,HP Photsmart 7150,Kodak easyshare ls433 camera,Dazzle dvd creation station 200...... windows XP sp1+more to follow

From a dynavox manual, not sure if your model or not:
    5.7. Locking and Unlocking Configurations
    You can lock a configuration to prevent anyone from editing it without knowing the password. This is also
    useful for preventing accidental changes. To lock a configuration, select View > Lock Config. Select Yes to
    lock the configuration with a password (you may also select No to lock the configuration without assigning a
    password). A new dialog will open and you will be asked to enter the password. Select OK once you have
    done so, and you will be asked to confirm the password. Select OK again and the configuration will now be
    locked. After you have set the password, select File > Configurations > Save Config to save the
    configuration.
    If you try to edit a locked configuration, you will be prompted for the password. If you supply an incorrect
    password, you will be unable to edit the configuration. If you provide the correct password, the configuration
    will remain unlocked until you lock it again. Whenever you re-lock a configuration, you will be asked whether
    you want to use the existing password or set a new password.
    If you forget your configuration password, you can use the backup password. Select View > About IMPACT.
    The backup password is the first eight characters of the ID string.
    another manual:
    I
    f you forget your configuration password, you can use the backup password. Select View > About iChat....
    The backup password is the first eight characters of the ID string.
    The unlock key may also be the serial number, in full or in part, located via Help or on the battery.

From what I've read, there's a $150 unlock tool.
    No one has any right to force data on you
    and command you to believe it or else.
    If it is not true for you, it isn't true.

LRH

Quote Originally Posted by TonyT View Post
    From a dynavox manual, not sure if your model or not:

another manual:
    I
    The unlock key may also be the serial number, in full or in part, located via Help or on the battery.

From what I've read, there's a $150 unlock tool.
    thanks Tony ...yeah the first its the software lock down, this is so once the interaact software is set up, it can be locked down so the kiddos can't get in a change it..they will figure out a way otherwise...smart little devils....

the first 8 character thing ...might be promising though

thanks

Yeah I normally would say yeah Ill pay it, but they lock them down so the health insurance will pay for it, if the device has an active wireless service the health insurance will not pay for it..... SO $150.00 for something that is just a rip off in my opinion that I might have to pay if I can't figure it out.