Thread: Signal Dropping Since Upgrade To Higher Speed ?

Signal Dropping Since Upgrade To Higher Speed ?

Hello,

I recently upgraded my my Wildblue internet service to the highest speed they offer. I noticed that I couldn't load Netflix. When I contacted Netflix they told me the "signal kept dropping" and to contact Wildblue. I contacted Wildblue and they noticed it too. I do have an older Netgear router, but I use an ethernet cable. My TV is plugged into the back of the router which is plugged into the modem. I did not have this problem before upgrading. Then I noticed connection problems with my laptop. So I plugged that into the modem. The disconnecting still occurred. Perhaps I didn't leave the router off long enough, or reboot everything a enough times ?

Any suggestions as to why this is happening at at higher speed ? I'm not getting the speed I pay for, which is usual with Wildblue. It is always less than the plan states, but I am used to that.

They could be cutting you're speed and you not know it... just downloading a few movies from netflix with other uses can reach you're limits thru WildBlue which I wouldn't recommend to anyone if you have any other alternative.

http://www.wildblue.com/customers/data-allowance-policy

If this isn't what is happening then its up to Wildblue to check out the issue - could be packetloss some where have them send someone out and check signals...who knows at this point but sounds like its directly from them.

Thanks for the response

My speed is okay, but there is a signal drop every so often that causes the Netflix to rebuffer and my computer to give me a connection error. If I reload my page it comes back immediately.

I live in a rural area and can only get satellite internet service. I would love to have cable, but they aren't going to be spending money putting that it along our dirt roads.

Thanks for the response. I am pretty sure the problem is at their end. I will have to down grade to the middle package again. I had little problem with that, but the speed is slow.