Hey all,

Noob here having issues with Comcast high speed internet. My internet connection will drop intermittently. My Motorola SBG901 cable modem/wireless router lights start turning off, I believe it resets, it comes back up in like a minute or so and I connect back up to it wirelessly and keep surfing. It wil sometimes do this 2-3 times in 30 minutes. I managed to capture the log data after the last drop, I cleared the log beforehand and after it dropped and I reconnected, this is what is listed:

After it dropped and reconnected:
Time Priority Description
Time Not Established Critical (3) DHCP FAILED - Requested Info not supported.
Time Not Established Notice (6) Ethernet link dormant - not currently active
Thu Nov 10 18:45:00 2011 Notice (6) Modem Is Shutting Down and Rebooting...
Thu Nov 10 18:45:00 2011 Critical (3) Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Un...
Thu Nov 10 18:44:26 2011 Critical (3) No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out (US 4)
Thu Nov 10 18:44:24 2011 Critical (3) UCD invalid or channel unusable

I have had 2 Comcast techs out, the first time the signal was bad on my end thanks to DirecTV "Techs" cutting a coax cable and causing a short from conductor to shield. The second tech added a splitter for more gain. Here are my signal measurements:

Downstream Channel
Lock Status Locked Modulation QAM256
Channel ID 6 Symbol rate 5360537
Downstream Frequency 537000000 Hz Downstream Power -7.8 dBmV
SNR 32.5 dB

Upstream Channel
Lock Status Locked Modulation QAM16
Channel ID 4 Symbol rate 2560 Ksym/sec
Upstream Frequency 37500000 Hz Upstream Power 34.7 dBmV

Any thoughts guys? I have a new wireless router in a box that I was thinking about connecting via CAT5 to the cable modem and shutting off it's wireless. Would separate components be better? A new modem maybe?

If you need more data, let me know.

Thanks,

FG12351.