Thread: TCP/IP Optimizer conflicts with Battlefield: Bad Company 2

TCP/IP Optimizer conflicts with Battlefield: Bad Company 2

After running the newest version of this program I receive the "Failed to connect to EA Online" error in Battlefield: Bad Company 2 through Steam. I'm not sure what setting does this but I'm positive it's TCP/IP Optimizer because I've tested several times. The only way I've found a way out of it is through System Restore, because restoring backed up settings through the program did not fix it.

Blog Entries
    What settings did you use in the Optimizer, the optimal, or some custom settings ?
    What OS ?
    All changes that it makes are clearly documented in the review screen (after you click on the "Apply" button).

Quote Originally Posted by JakeLunn View Post
    After running the newest version of this program I receive the "Failed to connect to EA Online" error in Battlefield: Bad Company 2 through Steam. I'm not sure what setting does this but I'm positive it's TCP/IP Optimizer because I've tested several times. The only way I've found a way out of it is through System Restore, because restoring backed up settings through the program did not fix it.
    Don't run the "Optimizer"? I've been witness to this program screwing up more than it has helped. No offense to the SG programmer, but most systems come with Win 7 anyways, and it does not need tweaking. Unless you are dealing with 2000 or XP, I would not even bother.

Blog Entries
    It has helped many people as well... There is just no single best setting that works for all environments.

Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    It has helped many people as well... There is just no single best setting that works for all environments.
    \
    I agree but I believe the program has maybe seen its last days. Why keep pushing a program that has no relevance? Don't get me wrong, but, I only use/recommend the program for my 200/XP users.

Blog Entries
    You are right in that it has less effect on Windows Vista/7, simply because they're better optimized for broadband out of the box, and do not allow for setting RWIN values directly.
    Still, there are a number of other tweaks implemented by the program that have real/measurable effects.

Disable ecn capability.