Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to access BIOS settings in a ASUS K52F-BBR5

Exclamation How to access BIOS settings in a ASUS K52F-BBR5

I just bought my new laptop last week and i been searching how to access the BIOS settings for my ASUS K52F-BBR5, I want to add more RPM to my fans since i want to make sure to keep it cool. But I dont see a option when it boots for pressing "F key" what so ever....
    Also I would like to point out it's my first Win7 but im fairly adapting fast, I knew all tricks to XP, anyway would appreciate tips how to keep it cool,(software wise)
    Haters are like Pennies, Two faced and worthless.

Usually you can press "Delete" on ASUS boards when booting to enter BIOS, so that is worth a try. Also F2 may work. Sometimes you need to hold the key when you turn it on...

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Usually will not find fan rpm settings in the BIOS of laptops....they're all factor preset, thermostat controlled....(hotter it gets, the more they spin, visa versa)
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Usually you can press "Delete" on ASUS boards when booting to enter BIOS, so that is worth a try. Also F2 may work. Sometimes you need to hold the key when you turn it on...
    Thanks man F2 worked, right when i pressed power I had to hold it like you stated. But I couldn't find any settings changing Fan speed.

Any legitimate Software or registry setting to adjust to my needs. I understand its temp smart but I would rather run high RPMs all the time to make sure my computer last longer.

No problem. Have you looked around the ASUS site? They have some type of program, quiet cool or similar that you can install to give you more options on fan controls, at least they do for their mobos. I am not familiar with their lappys...

To be honest, I haven’t used any aftermarket software fan control progs. Maybe you can change out the fan(s) for a better quality. If you can physically access the fan, you can always make a rheostat, just google it and you will find many diagrams on how to do it... Maybe google 'silicon controlled rectifier' as it may be a better solution...

Be sure to keep any vents unobstructed and perhaps use a small desktop type fan to direct air towards the intake vent(s)... And despite their name, I would caution against sitting it on your lap...

No problem. Have you looked around the ASUS site? They have some type of program, quiet cool or similar that you can install to give you more options on fan controls, at least they do for their mobos. I am not familiar with their lappys...

To be honest, I haven’t used any aftermarket software fan control progs. Maybe you can change out the fan(s) for a better quality. If you can physically access the fan, you can always make a rheostat, just google it and you will find many diagrams on how to do it... Maybe google 'silicon controlled rectifier' as it may be a better solution...

Be sure to keep any vents unobstructed and perhaps use a small desktop type fan to direct air towards the intake vent(s)... And despite their name, I would caution against sitting it on your lap...
    Ok I will check into about the ASUS site.Yeah me either they seem to sketchy,prob most of thos progs are malware and what not.and accessing the fans is so easy,I take few screws of the bottom and I can see everything,fans,RAM sticks and CPU's.and yeah trust me I dont use as a "laptop" even though as i should of a got a desktop becuase its 90% of the time on my desk,but i do now and then move it around but make sure has airflow.
    Well thanks alot for your help man. and i did look into abou the PCI slots and all of them are available. now all i have to do is just get decent RAM sticks and a video card and I should be set for that computer,even though I rarely use it, mostly I let my younger bros use it for flash games. but I will need that computer soon since it does have the complete microsoft office.

Let me know if you want the RAM that I have. They were the top of the line/fastest back then. I may have some others... Anyway, let me know...

Let me know if you want the RAM that I have. They were the top of the line/fastest back then. I may have some others... Anyway, let me know...
    I sent you a personal message

Quote Originally Posted by famous1681 View Post
    Ok I will check into about the ASUS site.Yeah me either they seem to sketchy,prob most of thos progs are malware and what not.and accessing the fans is so easy,I take few screws of the bottom and I can see everything,fans,RAM sticks and CPU's.and yeah trust me I dont use as a "laptop" even though as i should of a got a desktop becuase its 90% of the time on my desk,but i do now and then move it around but make sure has airflow.
    Well thanks alot for your help man. and i did look into abou the PCI slots and all of them are available. now all i have to do is just get decent RAM sticks and a video card and I should be set for that computer,even though I rarely use it, mostly I let my younger bros use it for flash games. but I will need that computer soon since it does have the complete microsoft office.
    are you able to provide me with the direct download link for that tool i need for controlling fan speeds. would appreciate a bunch.

You have a PM now. Is that windows 7- 32 or 64?

http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx

Go there, on right side, where it says "select product", highlight "notebook"
    middle window, "select series", highlight " scroll and highlight "K52"
    Last window, "select models", select "K52F"
    Then it will ask which OS you are using. I know Windows 7, just not sure if it is 64 bit...

It will give you a page that has all downloads pertaining to your laptop, look through utilities. If you are not sure what functions the utility has, just google it for an explanation...
    Give a shout if you get stuck...

Then it will ask which OS you are using. I know Windows 7, just not sure if it is 64 bit...

It will give you a page that has all downloads pertaining to your laptop, look through utilities. If you are not sure what functions the utility has, just google it for an explanation...
    My ASUS laptop is a 64-bit

Thanks for the Instructions found it with ease.

OK. Have you checked the pre-loaded programs? You may already have a program loaded from ASUS that will do what you want...

OK. Have you checked the pre-loaded programs? You may already have a program loaded from ASUS that will do what you want...
    Yea, I went to start>all programs>ASUS utilities>live update, then it ask me if im sure i want to run it but then nothing happens.

Yeah I dont know which one is it for what im trying to do,as for changing the RPMS for the fans. im stuck help...

I don't think that live update is going to do much for you. Hang on and let me see what utilities they have that may help you...

I don't think that live update is going to do much for you. Hang on and let me see what utilities they have that may help you...
    alright.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/asus...are-guide.html

This link seems to have a good explanation of what the utilities do. I'll look through it and see if any pertain to adjusting fans. You should look through it to see what the different ones do...

http://forum.notebookreview.com/asus...are-guide.html

This link seems to have a good explanation of what the utilities do. I'll look through it and see if any pertain to adjusting fans. You should look through it to see what the different ones do...
    Yeah im on the site right now trying to find it.