Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: trojan

  1. #1
    lil abner
    Guest

    trojan

    best buy said i have trojan.
    sure nuff in the log there is gen.x
    how do i locate the trojan and remove it without spending a lot of money?

  2. #2
    David H. Lipman
    Guest

    Re: trojan

    From: "lil abner" <@daisy.mae>

    | best buy said i have trojan.
    | sure nuff in the log there is gen.x
    | how do i locate the trojan and remove it without spending a lot of money?

    What log and for what software ?

    genx at best is only a partial name.

    What is the fully qualified name and path the the file deemed to be a trojan ?

    More information is needed. Please provide it.

    --
    Dave
    http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html
    Multi-AV - http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp



  3. #3
    lil abner
    Guest

    Re: trojan

    On 9/5/2010 8:19 AM, David H. Lipman wrote:
    > From: "lil abner"<@daisy.mae>
    >
    > | best buy said i have trojan.
    > | sure nuff in the log there is gen.x
    > | how do i locate the trojan and remove it without spending a lot of money?
    >
    > What log and for what software ?
    >
    > genx at best is only a partial name.
    >
    > What is the fully qualified name and path the the file deemed to be a trojan ?
    >
    > More information is needed. Please provide it.
    >

    its "16f63"cbf trojan gen.x

  4. #4
    David H. Lipman
    Guest

    Re: trojan

    From: "lil abner" <@daisy.mae>

    | On 9/5/2010 8:19 AM, David H. Lipman wrote:
    >> From: "lil abner"<@daisy.mae>


    >> | best buy said i have trojan.
    >> | sure nuff in the log there is gen.x
    >> | how do i locate the trojan and remove it without spending a lot of money?


    >> What log and for what software ?


    >> genx at best is only a partial name.


    >> What is the fully qualified name and path the the file deemed to be a trojan ?


    >> More information is needed. Please provide it.


    | its "16f63"cbf trojan gen.x

    Pulling teeth.

    Please re-read my questions.


    --
    Dave
    http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html
    Multi-AV - http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp



  5. #5
    lil abner
    Guest

    Re: trojan

    On 9/5/2010 11:33 AM, David H. Lipman wrote:
    > From: "lil abner"<@daisy.mae>
    >
    > | On 9/5/2010 8:19 AM, David H. Lipman wrote:
    >>> From: "lil abner"<@daisy.mae>

    >
    >>> | best buy said i have trojan.
    >>> | sure nuff in the log there is gen.x
    >>> | how do i locate the trojan and remove it without spending a lot of money?

    >
    >>> What log and for what software ?

    >
    >>> genx at best is only a partial name.

    >
    >>> What is the fully qualified name and path the the file deemed to be a trojan ?

    >
    >>> More information is needed. Please provide it.

    >
    > | its "16f63"cbf trojan gen.x
    >
    > Pulling teeth.
    >
    > Please re-read my questions.
    >
    >

    Sorry about pulling teeth. That is all the info in the log left on the
    computer by best buy.
    The software is Vista home premium.
    I've looked at a realative hand full of files and haven't found it.
    thanks

  6. #6
    lil abner
    Guest

    Re: trojan

    On 9/5/2010 9:47 PM, lil abner wrote:
    > On 9/5/2010 11:33 AM, David H. Lipman wrote:
    >> From: "lil abner"<@daisy.mae>
    >>
    >> | On 9/5/2010 8:19 AM, David H. Lipman wrote:
    >>>> From: "lil abner"<@daisy.mae>

    >>
    >>>> | best buy said i have trojan.
    >>>> | sure nuff in the log there is gen.x
    >>>> | how do i locate the trojan and remove it without spending a lot of
    >>>> money?

    >>
    >>>> What log and for what software ?

    >>
    >>>> genx at best is only a partial name.

    >>
    >>>> What is the fully qualified name and path the the file deemed to be
    >>>> a trojan ?

    >>
    >>>> More information is needed. Please provide it.

    >>
    >> | its "16f63"cbf trojan gen.x
    >>
    >> Pulling teeth.
    >>
    >> Please re-read my questions.
    >>
    >>

    > Sorry about pulling teeth. That is all the info in the log left on the
    > computer by best buy.
    > The software is Vista home premium.
    > I've looked at a realative hand full of files and haven't found it.
    > thanks

    Perhaps another clue is that the DVD etc drive keeps flashing the
    operation light popping open and trying to run when on the Internet.

  7. #7
    Regis
    Guest

    Re: trojan

    lil abner <@daisy.mae> writes:

    >best buy said i have trojan.
    >sure nuff in the log there is gen.x
    >how do i locate the trojan and remove it without spending a lot of
    >money?


    You'd be far better served reinstalling Windows onto your computer.
    It's not hard and in under 2 hours you'll have a fresh system that you
    _know_ is virus free.

    You could try "removal" tools but you're likely to spend a lot more than
    2 hours of your time figuring those out, finding ones that aren't
    themselves malware, and fighting with them trying to remove the one
    known threat that's on your computer while having no idea about the
    unknown malware that may also be there. Signature based malware
    scanners at best catch about 20% of what's out there.


    If you don't have Windows reinstall disks, they can be gotten from the
    manufacturer or your computer for a nominal fee. $0 if it's a business
    line PC in a lot of cases, $30 is pretty typical, Lenovo is on the high
    end IIRC around $50.


  8. #8
    DAB
    Guest

    Re: trojan

    David H. Lipman wrote:
    > From: "lil abner" <@daisy.mae>
    >
    >> On 9/5/2010 8:19 AM, David H. Lipman wrote:
    >>> From: "lil abner"<@daisy.mae>

    >
    >>>> best buy said i have trojan.
    >>>> sure nuff in the log there is gen.x
    >>>> how do i locate the trojan and remove it without spending a lot of
    >>>> money?

    >
    >>> What log and for what software ?

    >
    >>> genx at best is only a partial name.

    >
    >>> What is the fully qualified name and path the the file deemed to be
    >>> a trojan ?

    >
    >>> More information is needed. Please provide it.

    >
    >> its "16f63"cbf trojan gen.x

    >
    > Pulling teeth.
    >
    > Please re-read my questions.


    Surprised you have any left ;-)

    Donna





  9. #9
    David H. Lipman
    Guest

    Re: trojan

    From: "DAB" <KOJ@dodgit.com>

    | David H. Lipman wrote:
    >> From: "lil abner" <@daisy.mae>


    >>> On 9/5/2010 8:19 AM, David H. Lipman wrote:
    >>>> From: "lil abner"<@daisy.mae>


    >>>>> best buy said i have trojan.
    >>>>> sure nuff in the log there is gen.x
    >>>>> how do i locate the trojan and remove it without spending a lot of
    >>>>> money?


    >>>> What log and for what software ?


    >>>> genx at best is only a partial name.


    >>>> What is the fully qualified name and path the the file deemed to be
    >>>> a trojan ?


    >>>> More information is needed. Please provide it.


    >>> its "16f63"cbf trojan gen.x


    >> Pulling teeth.


    >> Please re-read my questions.


    | Surprised you have any left ;-)

    | Donna

    Hi Donna :-)

    --
    Dave
    http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html
    Multi-AV - http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp



  10. #10
    DAB
    Guest

    Re: trojan

    David H. Lipman wrote:
    > From: "DAB" <KOJ@dodgit.com>
    >
    >> David H. Lipman wrote:
    >>> From: "lil abner" <@daisy.mae>

    >
    >>>> On 9/5/2010 8:19 AM, David H. Lipman wrote:
    >>>>> From: "lil abner"<@daisy.mae>

    >
    >>>>>> best buy said i have trojan.
    >>>>>> sure nuff in the log there is gen.x
    >>>>>> how do i locate the trojan and remove it without spending a lot
    >>>>>> of money?

    >
    >>>>> What log and for what software ?

    >
    >>>>> genx at best is only a partial name.

    >
    >>>>> What is the fully qualified name and path the the file deemed to
    >>>>> be a trojan ?

    >
    >>>>> More information is needed. Please provide it.

    >
    >>>> its "16f63"cbf trojan gen.x

    >
    >>> Pulling teeth.

    >
    >>> Please re-read my questions.

    >
    >> Surprised you have any left ;-)

    >
    >> Donna

    >
    > Hi Donna :-)


    Oh hell forgot about this post.....how are you, I went to S.Korea this past
    May otherwise same of stuff.



  11. #11
    David H. Lipman
    Guest

    Re: trojan

    From: "DAB" <KOJ@dodgit.com>

    < snip >

    >> Hi Donna :-)


    | Oh hell forgot about this post.....how are you, I went to S.Korea this past
    | May otherwise same of stuff.


    Keep 'em flying high you Queen of Jiffy :-)

    Me, they are breaking my BRAC.

    --
    Dave
    http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html
    Multi-AV - http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp



  12. #12
    DAB
    Guest

    Re: trojan

    David H. Lipman wrote:
    > From: "DAB" <KOJ@dodgit.com>
    >
    > < snip >
    >
    >>> Hi Donna :-)

    >
    >> Oh hell forgot about this post.....how are you, I went to S.Korea
    >> this past May otherwise same of stuff.

    >
    >
    > Keep 'em flying high you Queen of Jiffy :-)
    >
    > Me, they are breaking my BRAC.


    LOL. Hope all comes out ok for you.




Similar Threads

  1. Removing Trojan Agent.TDSS, TidServ backdoor
    By dfinc in forum comp.security.firewalls
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-09-09, 04:19 PM
  2. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-16-09, 07:25 PM
  3. Trojan Brisv.a !inf, Alinf
    By dfinc in forum comp.security.firewalls
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-22-09, 04:54 AM
  4. Trojan Horse Remover
    By reizel in forum Network Security
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-29-08, 06:31 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •