Thread: Thomson TG782 unable to open NAT

Thomson TG782 unable to open NAT

Hello, people of the community.

For years now i get useful info from this site about my internet problems... so as to solve them... now its the time that all the posts that I have searched me didn't helped me at all

I owe a Thomson TG782... which was given to me from my new ISP.
    The old ISP that was rather expensive, gave me a Baudtec Annex-A which may not be good because of the many problems it had but much more eligible and reliable than Thomson... The Nat and firewall settings were really simple and i didn't had a simple problem even though i didn't used port forwarding...
    That was the past... now that we are in present... i have spent 4 days and nights trying to fix the Nat status problem...

I have contacted my ISP many times and they tried with a pretty big range of solutions to solve my problem. We tried port forwarding. Nothing. We turned on/off UPnP, all router securities... still nothing. They assigned it to someone that was superior from them, he had some tools but still no use. They even exchanged my router with a same, we run the same tasks again, but the problem remains unsolved... At last they pretty much say indirectly that they couldn't change NAT status from Strict to Moderate or Open... I finally was so desperate that i did every tweak i could find on the internet including this that I did everything of it...

I don't know if it really matters but i better tell it... i have 2M bps connection... 2play... and on the router is connected 1 phone and 1 Ethernet PC.

So i would be glad to hear any solution.... my last action would be to take the Thomson get in the ISP store and break everything... including the salesman. But this wouldn't have a good ending for me... Thanks everyone in advance.
    Last edited by Johnnakos; 08-04-10 at 09:33 AM.

fem the retarded rabbit mccoffee's Avatar
    Comptia a+ n+

Dear mccoffee thanks a lot for your answer .... as i see from the whole post.... it should work but the problem is that the router is owned from my ISP so i havent bought it myself and i cant mod it.

If anyone is willing to help and have a way to solve the above problem please post it.

thanks again in advance

fem the retarded rabbit mccoffee's Avatar
    Your not modding the router you are just adding a manual ip to the computers. Yes you should be able to get new firmware from the isp even if it's owned bye them.. You can try calling them and have them remotly put the new frimware on.
    Comptia a+ n+