Hello everyone, and thank you for taking the time to read this. I could really use some help with what I am trying to do. Allow me to

explain.

First of all, this setup that I am trying to accomplish is completely not necessary, and I am trying to do this to learn something, and also

test a software application that I support. With that said, I am trying to add a new subnet to my current home domain. Here is a breakdown

of how things are setup.

Comcast Cable Modem
|
Linksys E3000
|____From this router I have one server connected to it. This server runs VMware ESXi 4.1.
| There are a total of 7 guest OS's running, with one being a Windows 2003 Server. This server runs AD
| DHCP, and DNS for my home made domain. All of this on the 192.168.1 subnet.
|
|____Linksys WRT54GS router connected from the Linksys E3000. This router is configured to use the 192.168.2 subnet.
|__From this router there is one server running VMware ESXi 4.1. I have one test client, Windows XP,
that I am using. This test client has been given the ip address of 192.168.2.15, subnet mask of 255.255.255.0
and the gateway I used was 192.168.2.1 and I even tried 192.168.1.1.

I know I am missing a few more steps here. I have been trying to figure this out for a few days and have tried different things and read

different things. The remaining steps is what I could use a little thorough explanation of how to accomplish if possible.

Do I have to do anything back on my DHCP server? Do I have to do anything (static routing) on my routers? If so, I'm a little lost. I have

played with the static routing options on both routers, and on the E3000 I get Invalid static route every time I try different combination's.

On the WRT54GS it takes the entry but does not show up in the routing table. I went to the DHCP server and added another subnet scope. Went

to Active Directory Sites and Services, and added the subnet there.

I am looking for the simplest method here. I have been able to create and assign the test machine as the secondary subnet, but of course the

machine cannot access the internet, or do anything outside its 192.168.2 subnet. That is not the desired outcome of all this, and I need to

pass through to my 192.168.1 subnet for internet access and domain stuff.

I am also opened to alternate methods of accomplishing this. I am using VMware ESXi as noted above, so anything that can accomplish this

using that I'm open to. Another person suggested getting two additional NIC cards and adding the NIC cards to one of the servers using the

new subnet. From there I'm also lost on how to proceed.