I have an Arris Touchstone CM550A Cable Modem, and also a D-Link DIR-625 Wireless Router.
I recently changed my DSL modem to the Cable modem mentioned above when I changed my internet service provider.
The problem is that my router won't stay connected to the internet through the cable modem. If I connect my laptop directly to the Arris modem with a LAN cable my internet works perfectly. However before I switched from DSL modem to Cable modem, I was also receiving the internet through my D-Link wireless router without problem. So I don't think that either of the devices are faulty.
Here are the steps that I have tried so far and have failed (some gotten from this forum):
- Upgraded the Firmware on the router to the latest version.
- Reset both the D-Link Router and the Arris Cable Modem
- Disable DHCP server on the router
- Plug the modem into one of the LAN ports on the router instead of Internet port.
- Clone PC Mac address in the router's internet settings.
- Reset router to factory settings and reboot.
It is also important to note that resetting the D-Link router or any change that involves rebooting the router will result in a temporary connection to the internet. But I get disconnected after 5-10 minutes and then I have to reset it again if I want temporary internet access.
Right now I'm connected directly to the modem, and miserable because it is far from my regular workspace.
Help would be greatly appreciated.