Thread: Free computer parts just pay shipping

Free computer parts just pay shipping

If anyone is interested I'll post what I have and it'll be first come first served.

Tks
    Rick

Afraid all parts sustained smoke damage from my fire. Wouldn't trust any of them to work from now on. Smoke film will cause them to overheat.

Tks
    Rick
    Last edited by rickoic; 06-14-09 at 03:11 AM.
    Prostate Cancer survivor, too late for me with a cure, but maybe I can help save others just like me. Wife brest cancer. Cured.

please post what ya got Rick

If no one's asked about the GeForce 7800 GS OC AGP graphics card I think that'd work great in my Asus p4p800 and be quite a step over my Radeon 8700.

Quote Originally Posted by rickoic View Post
    Wanted to give our folding team first crack at these.

I have motherboards, some with cpu's, some with ram installed, and some with video cards also. They range from straight pci slots, to some with agp slots. I also have a couple of duel amd motherboards with cpu's installed and ram.

I don't have anti static for all of them, and some come in their original boxes so have the anti static for them, but they come without anything extra. So anyway I'd have to put them in a plastic trash bag and then surround them with fillings.

I am also lowering the price on the 8800GTS (recertified) video cards from $50 each to $30 each, plus shipping.

If anyone is interested I'll post what I have and it'll be first come first served.

Tks
    Rick

Ok, gonna post my list here and edit each time I send something off.

Gigabyte GA-8S650GXM-P M/B in box no extras
    MSI P4MAM-V M/B in box no extras
    Gigabyte GA-8TRS300M w/CPU w/BFG pci Graphics card
    Gigabyte GA-8IPE1000-G w/CPU w/AG3850 graphics card w/RAM
    MSI graphics card 8956 AGP
    ATI graphics card RV6DE AGP
    Gigabyte GA-8SIMLH w/CPU w/RAM
    added
    2 x Jetway M/B J775GT2-LOG

$30 ea
    7 x 8800GTS recertified graphics cards

$150 ea
    MSI 260 GTX graphics card bought new used about 2 months
    BFG 260 GTX OC graphics card bought new used about 2 months

Thats all for now, may add more later

Tks
    Rick
    Hi Rick

The 8800's are PCIxE, right? I'm currently running a 6800GT 256 AGP, so if you have anything better that is also AGP, I would definitely be interested.

Thanks.
    Feelings about religion: I believe in a dogma-free personal Prime Mover.

Quote Originally Posted by triniwasp View Post
    Hi Rick

The 8800's are PCIxE, right? I'm currently running a 6800GT 256 AGP, so if you have anything better that is also AGP, I would definitely be interested.

Thanks.
    Yes the 8800's are PCIe 8X cards. There are two motherboards that I have that will work with the 8800's. Other than that I have two AGP graphics cards, one is ATI which I'm sure is slower than the one you have, and the other is GeForce MSI graphics card 8956 AGP which I'm not sure about being better or not. Has a higher number but I'm not sure about probably a different companies numbering system.

Anyway the Jetway M/B J775GT2-LOG motherboards will accept 2 8800's and run them. Don't know about what cpu and ram your running now working with the board. Takes a LGA 775 Pentium 4, Celeron D, Pentium D, and Core 2 Duo. FSB 533/800/1066MHz. RAM 240-pin DDR2 Module Socket X2, 2pcs DDR2 400/ DDR2 533 / DDR2 667 MHZ modules, expandable up to 8.0GB. Says 3 PCIe x16, but when the second card is put in it drops to 8X.

If your cpu and ram fits I'm pretty sure your HD,PS,CD/DVD would work with it.

Tks
    Rick
    Prostate Cancer survivor, too late for me with a cure, but maybe I can help save others just like me. Wife brest cancer. Cured.

Badger, badger, badger... goobee's Avatar
    Hi Rick,

I can use the 2 s478 mobos. Let me know where to Paypal you. Thanks.
    "Signature?........We don't need no stinkin' Signature!!!"

I have a few Heatware refs under Goobee - feel free to look them up.

Click Here For Details Regarding My 1 or 2 Heatware Refs

Click Here, You Won't Be Sorry.

dont need anything. put pretty cool ric

Blog Entries
    Let me know about those 8800gts's and 260GTX,=
    Last edited by David; 06-14-09 at 11:25 PM.

Hell_Yes

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity - Seneca

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Afraid all parts listed sustained smoke damage from my fire.

Insurance Company will be paying me replacement cost on them.

Internal parts would probably overheat from the smoke film on them, so more than likely they will all end up in trash by the Insurance Company

Sorry
    Rick

Internal parts would probably overheat from the smoke film on them, so more than likely they will all end up in trash by the Insurance Company

Sorry
    Rick
    i built PCB's as a job. Nothing wrong with washing them under warm water and cleaning them with a soft toothbrush to remove the film. we do it after every surface mount and thru hole board we make. Just hit them with the air compressor or can of air immediately after ( int he case of video cards i would take the heat sink and fan off first)

Blog Entries

Sorry
    Rick
    Sorry to here of all the damage. It is a great deal of work putting together these systems....

Hell_Yes

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by morbidpete View Post
    i built PCB's as a job. Nothing wrong with washing them under warm water and cleaning them with a soft toothbrush to remove the film. we do it after every surface mount and thru hole board we make. Just hit them with the air compressor or can of air immediately after ( int he case of video cards i would take the heat sink and fan off first)
    I had an Amiga 2000 computer where the PCB caught fire! I patched the incendiary line.... and I be darned, it is still functioning.

Hell_Yes

Thanks for the info David. Insurance company has all my parts now so can't do anything about them. Claims adjuster said he had no problem replacing them so I didn't even think about trying to clean them my self. Anyway a lot of the parts I listed with them are antiques. But they were in the room and sustained smoke damage, so the people picking up everything to take and reinventory everything said to list them anyway.

Tks
    Rick

Blog Entries
    Hopefully, you will have your boxes up and running soon.

My interest is simple. I only have one home system, however it has 4 pci-e 16x/8x/ slots. It would be a lovely place to do a little extra folding.

Hell_Yes

In a dry but moldy New Orleans, Louisiana
    I canít tell you how many stereos I had to clean in the past, with water and household degreaser, especially ones from bars.

rickoic, Iím really sorry about your fire troubles. Good thing about insurance, it sucks to need to make a claim but that is why people have insurance in the first place.

What kind of RAM? I have a PC thatís been down for about a year because Iíve been unable to afford RAM. In fact I have to check what it uses again, I think its PC3200
    Sliding down the banister of life ..........................

In a dry but moldy New Orleans, Louisiana
    Thanks for the info David. Insurance company has all my parts now so can't do anything about them. Claims adjuster said he had no problem replacing them so I didn't even think about trying to clean them my self. Anyway a lot of the parts I listed with them are antiques. But they were in the room and sustained smoke damage, so the people picking up everything to take and reinventory everything said to list them anyway.

Tks
    Rick

oops missed this post, please disregard my previous inquiry about the RAM.
    Sliding down the banister of life ..........................

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoundEye View Post
    I canít tell you how many stereos I had to clean in the past, with water and household degreaser, especially ones from bars.

rickoic, Iím really sorry about your fire troubles. Good thing about insurance, it sucks to need to make a claim but that is why people have insurance in the first place.

What kind of RAM? I have a PC thatís been down for about a year because Iíve been unable to afford RAM. In fact I have to check what it uses again, I think its PC3200
    What kind of RAM do you need to get running, Tobey?

Hell_Yes