Would the following statement prevent usage of ADSL or VDSL on a
"To protect the telecommunications network and the services furnished
to the general public by the Telephone
Company from harmful effects, the signal from the subscriber-provided
terminal equipment or communications
system connected to telephone grade (Schedule 2) leased channels must
comply with the following minimum
network protection criteria:
1. The power in the band from 3,995 Hertz to 4,005 Hertz shall be at
least 18db below the power of the signal
at the central office which in turn shall not exceed 12db below one
milliwatt when averaged over any three
2. The power in the band from 4,000 Hertz to 10,000 Hertz shall not
exceed 16db below one milliwatt.
3. The power in the band from 10,000 Hertz to 25,000 Hertz shall not
exceed 24db below one milliwatt.
4. The power in the band from 25,000 Hertz to 40,000 Hertz shall not
exceed 36db below one milliwatt.
5. The power in the band above 40,000 Hertz shall not exceed 50db
below one milliwatt."