I have recently installed a 820.11 network in my home to which I have 2 PCs that connect. the setup is very simple:
- 1 Edimax BR-6204Wg wireless broadband router
- 2 Edimax EW-7128g wireless LAN PCI adapters
My main PC is very near the router and has 100% signal strength.
My DSL connection is 1.5M and i can get very near that download speed, no problem in this area.
Also, many sites load perfectly, just as if i did not use a router at all.
However, quite a few sites started loading at ridiculously slow speeds. A site that would normally take a few seconds to load can now take 4 or 5 minutes(!).
My problem is NOT a wireless problem, I have the exact same behaviour when connecting a PC directly to the router.
The problem is 100% reproducible with some sites. I tried repeatedly testing with router and without router, same results every time - with router slow, without router fast.
Tried turning off ZoneAlarm firewall, no cure.
Tried using NetMonitor but im not really sure what to with the information. I did find out that during these 4 or 5 minutes there are long (1-2 minutes) periods of zero traffic in any direction.
I dont really know where to start