Thread: Acquiring Network Address ad infinitum

Acquiring Network Address ad infinitum

I am attempting to set up a wireless network through a Belkin Wireless G Router. My computer works fine on the network, both when I connect wireless or when I connect, as I have it now, through an ethernet cable plugged in to port 1. I am using a cable internet connection. I am attempting to share the connection with a neighbor over the wireless, I am using a Motorola receiver that worked for connecting to this network on my computer, however when I attempt to connect her computer to the network it gives me an "acquiring network address" message, then switches to a "connected" status, then immediately back to "acquiring network address" again ad infinitum. DHCP is enabled on my router, the internet settings on the computer trying to connect are all set to automatically acquire the IP and such. I attempted to update the firmware on my router but got an error saying "Firmware Update Failure: You have attempted to install an incompatible firmware version. Your router will now restart."

Any ideas?

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Possible signal strength issue for the neighbor, also site survey for other neighboring wireless networks around your neighbor that may be on same channel.

Double check the exact model and version of your router..check for correct firmware. Sometimes resetting router to factory defaults helps with firmware upgrades.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

TY YeOldeStonecat, I changed the channel on my router and now everything is working fine; everyone in the neighborhood seems to be using channel 11.

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!