Thread: Can't connect to my wireless network, unless I connect directly to my router

Can't connect to my wireless network, unless I connect directly to my router

I am not a wirelessly networked inclined person. So, I'm slow! In fact, my ex- set it up for me, but I like it and want to learn how to manage my wireless network, and fix the following problem:

I have my cable modem -> wireless router -> VONAGE modem.

Everything worked out well, until today in the afternoon after running a windows update. The following time I turned on my computer, I could not connect to my wireless network! I can see it among the available networks, but if I try connecting to it, it doesn't let me in.

I phoned the cable company and after running a basic test, I hooked up the ethernet cable from the wireless router to my laptop (the cable modem hooks to the router), disconnecting my VONAGE modem.
    And I can see my network and I'm connected -hence how I am able to post here.

But, it's not the solution (1st -I'm not wirelessly connected and 2nd - I've disconnected my VONAGE connection)!

Any ideas on how to get "in" again?

I pretty much want to knock on the front door, get in and lock it in from the inside; like I had it before.

You need to configure wireless adapter to match the setting on wireless router, then you can only join the network successfully. These 2 links might be able to help you solving your problem.

Wireless Router Configuration

Wireless Adapter Configuration

Have fun..